1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

step 2 cs in before ranking

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by IntMed, Nov 20, 2005.

1. IntMed

IntMed Member
    5+ Year Member

anybody know if US medical grads need to have a passing score in before programs rank?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

my understanding is that you need to pass in order to start residency (at most programs). i don' t know of any programs that require step 2ck or step 2cs prior to the match. i'm taking both of them in february so i hope i am right.

4. phatfarm

phatfarm Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Rumor has it that Cali schools would like to see Step2 CK before ranking candidates. I'm not 100% sure. Have you heard this at all Souljah?

5. mig26x

mig26x Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Im taking it on feb 21 at Atl so i hope its all a rumor!!

6. InternalWhizzzz

InternalWhizzzz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    actually, it's not a rumor, most of the UCs, per 4 friends that go to each one, say that students need to take the step 2 before they rank them...

especially in more of the competitive programs...

7. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

Hear is what I know. At the UCSF IM interview session where they talked to us about applications and what not, NO ONE stressed to us to make sure Step 2CS was completed prior to ranking. We received an email from admin that stated that we had to take Step 2CS prior to our last block (basically by April) and Step 2CK by March 1st. As far as I know, it is a rumor. Go to program websites, if it was a requirement it would be in boldface all over the place.