Step 2 CS in Chicago: Nearby hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

expat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the testing site, or know where I can find a list of nearby lodging? Much obliged!

Members don't see this ad.

expat said:
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the testing site, or know where I can find a list of nearby lodging? Much obliged!

There are many many hotels to choose from in Chicago... where exactly in Chicago are you testing and how much are you willing to pay?? Best of luck too by the way!

SBP66 said:
There are many many hotels to choose from in Chicago... where exactly in Chicago are you testing and how much are you willing to pay?? Best of luck too by the way!

That doesn't really help me very much. As far as I know, there is only ONE Step 2 CS testing site in Chicago. I am looking for a hotel that has 1) free shuttle from the airport and 2) has a shuttle to the testing site, or is located within walking distance from the site.

If anyone can advise, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

i forgot how I got to it. But something with the testing center had a link to the chicago test site. They got a discount for a marriott hotel that is within walking distance or something to the test center and should have shuttle service with the airport.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a list of hotels on the step 2 cs website, listing price and proximity to the test site.

I remember there is a marriott or holiday right across the street from the test site. You can just take the "L" from o'hare and get off the the cumberland stop and walk to the hotel. it is only one stop away.

or you can just stay at the airport marriott and take the "L" on the morning of the exam. should only take 5 min on the "L".

I stayed here and had an excellent experience. Their free shuttle service will pick you up at O'Hare, drop you off and pick you up from the testing center, and even take you back and forth to one of the nearby malls. The room prices were competitive and the rooms nice and clean.

the site is in the westwood college building on the SouthWest corner of Cumberland avenue and Higgins avenue; which is 1/2 block north of the cumberland blue line stop for the "L" train.

As such, there are several options - stay at the o'hare hilton; stay at one of the hotels on river rd. in rosemont (which is the blue line stop between the airport and cumberland).

final common pathway 1: catch the blue line, get off at cumberland and walk a 1/2 block north.

final common pathway 2: cab from rosemont (higgins & river) to site (cumberland & higgins) = 1-2miles = ~5 bucks.

another option is the holiday inn on higgins 2 blocs east (with a Hooters inbetween the hotel and site), the amerisuites on higgins 3 blocks east (with an outback steakhouse in the 1st floor) or the clarion 1.5 blocks south on cumberland. the clarion would be my choice, b/c when it was a mariott, they found OJ's bloody knife in the woods behind it... no joke. =)

I grew up 1 mile away from the test site, and know the area quite well, so feel free to PM or ask questions. CS is a paininthe*ss, but is ultimately just another hoop. good luck.

-t,md