Step 2 CS May 22nd-July 16th score reporting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agolden1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was curious if a "order score recheck" box has popped up for anyone who took their exam within the above time frame as score reporting is supposed to start this coming weds (8/17). Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! Kind of crazy to see this little thread I started blow up like this. So for the record, I did get my results today without a "Score Recheck" button showing up first. Took May 27th in Philly and Passed! Our school has a an 8 pt OSCE very similar to STEP 2 CS you must pass before beginning your third year, so that was pretty decent prep. Other than that, I just took 6 days after finishing Step 2 CK to go over the mini cases in FA and learn some PAMHITSFOSS and another mnemonic off of a youtube video. During the last day or two prior to taking the test, I would sit at my desk with a FA case and interview myself, and practice using my mnemonics with a timer, comparing to what was written in FA, and practiced writing the note.

On test day, I always had plenty of time to counsel and close except for one case where I ran out of time, and always had plenty of time to write my note. I CAGEd everyone who drank (probably shouldn't have). I always asked the patient if they understood the plan, and agreed with the tests being ordered, even if it meant cutting exam a bit short. Biggest problem I ran into was I felt like I forgot to order physical exam maneuvers (Pelvic exams, DREs etc.), and never felt like I had supporting evidence for anything while writing my note. A couple of my diagnoses were super garbage too and I wasn't proud when I thought about it after my exam. Ultimately, SEP and CIS were starred and ICE was just above the borderline mark. I'm not so sure how I felt about using mnemonics for this exam. I felt like I had covered my bases with the questioning, but also felt like I ended up wasting some time during my final couple examinations. I was concerned I had failed ICE though over the past few weeks. Thanks SDN for getting my hackles up!+

Regardless, its done!

Has anyone called the ECFMG??
I did call ECFMG. They responded in a very generic tone. They said this is not considered a delay in score reporting. The score can be released anytime within the reporting period from Aug 17th to Sept 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
But today no IMG got their score online yet. I don't see the reason why. Isn't the exam blinded to what school a candidate goes to? I've received my CK and Step 1 scores as the same regular time as american grads. I just hope the result comes out today and relieves all of us of this stress.
Agreed man , agreed!

I don't see why they are holding up the scores fully for IMGs. Doesnt the ECFMG Oasis use separate servers from the NBME? They didn't even stagger IMG score results.

Congratulations to all those who passed! And fingers crossed that we get our results and we pass :)

Reactions: 2 users
if i don't get my result today,should i check tomorrow? is it going to be anounced everyday or only wednesdays?

I've never seen a day like this, in which no IMGs got their results back on the first Wednesday

Last edited:
Bless you for posting this because you sound like my stunt double. Nice work. Today must have been a huge relief to you!

Thank you! It definitely was a huge relief. I really hope you get the same good news too later today. If not, then next week! Don't be caught up in all the idiotic rumors on the net about having to counsel, summarize, perfectly answer challenging questions, and close on time. I'm sure you did well too if your test went similarly to mine. Like I said CIS was still higher performance for me so even if you did not close like 8 times I doubt you would even fail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it's not the day to get our scores. The fact that no IMGs got their scores is very concerning, since they shouldn't know who to report to, however IMGs do pay more for the exams and have a separate system for applying for exams... Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm an IMG. Just got my score. Was going into Afib as I was checking...PASS! Borderline pass for ICE, Higher performance for CIS and SEP. Thought I rushed through my PE, did a very good job with the note and putting down 3 differentials with supporting evidence. I was told the note was the key and you could screw up on the physical exam, which was my case. I was very rushed, but I made sure to really kiss the SP's ass when counseling and closing. Smile, small talk, etc. Went through first aid over a 2 week period with a study partner, studied about 6 hours a day for it. June 20, Houston.

Last edited:
Guys im an IMG, I just NOW got an email and the score, I passed, just relieved and shocked after thinking I failed.

I'm an IMG. Just got my score. Was going into Afib as I was checking...PASS! Borderline pass for ICE, Higher performance for CIS and SEP. Thought I rushed through my PE, did a very good job with the note and putting down 3 differentials with supporting evidence. I was told the note was the key and you could screw up on the physical exam, which was my case. I was very rushed, but I made sure to really kiss the SP's ass when counseling and closing. Smile, small, talk, etc. Went through first aid over a 2 week period with a study partner, studied about 6 hours a day for it. June 20, Houston.

mate you described my experience to the T. except I spent two weeks never actually practicing one proper case, I never did a full physical exam and I did some ******ed stuff in the exam consequently. DONE STEPS. goodluck all.

Passed. This forum has been a huge support for me for the last two months. God, they were terrible. My advice to all those who are thinking they failed ice, I messed up pretty bad on differentials. Here is a detailed review of my mistakes
1. missed major differential. Missed asking a very imp ques relevant to hx
2. screwed. missed likely dx. Misspelled one of them nd wrote inexact med terminology for 3rd one
3. Misspelled first dx
4. missed a good 2nd dx
5. okay
6. Inexact med terminology for 2nd dx
7. 2nd and 3rd dx were crap seriously
8. okay
9. Okay
10. okay
11. 2nd nd 3rd diff were crap
12. Okay but missed dev hx, birth hx etc

I was badly worried about ICE, I was more worried about the fact tht I put in some crappy diff which werent even needed but got borderline pass in it. Got a star for CIS. Please everybody whoever is reading this. Dont worry if you messed up some differentials. All I have done after giving CS is worry about it. Countless crying episodes :p but in the end passed.

Reactions: 1 user
OHHHH MY GOD!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!

I PASS!!!!!!

I did not have time to counsel one patient,
I omitted 3 diagnosis that should have been in my number one position
I had no clue in one case

Congratulations you guys! FMG here. Took the exam 08/02/16 in Chicago. PASSED!

Also I'd like to mention I thought I would definitely fail. Why: Performed but didnt have enough time to WRITE down the physical examination section on the patient note in one case. Literally it was blank. In another case, I didn't ask an important lifestyle question to reach a proper diagnosis for a trauma patient. STUPID MOVE. Also, missed out some run-of-the-mill physical exam pt note entries like "Pt in no acute distress" etc.
Basically, with a little bit of luck and not worrying about the little things, as long as you've got the chunk of the material from your case, you should be good to go. Good luck to everybody else. SO RELIEVED!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations guys!!! You all did it, go party!!! Thanks for taking time and confirming. I guess we will get the result in the later part of the day

Dinesh did you get your result yet? Some other IMG's received theirs, including one who took it July 14th. Really seems random because I still haven't gotten anything.

Was curious if a "order score recheck" box has popped up for anyone who took their exam within the above time frame as score reporting is supposed to start this coming weds (8/17). Thanks
still someone left with their result.. july 13

Congratulations you guys! FMG here. Took the exam 08/02/16 in Chicago. PASSED!

Also I'd like to mention I thought I would definitely fail. Why: Performed but didnt have enough time to WRITE down the physical examination section on the patient note in one case. Literally it was blank. In another case, I didn't ask an important lifestyle question to reach a proper diagnosis for a trauma patient. STUPID MOVE. Also, missed out some run-of-the-mill physical exam pt note entries like "Pt in no acute distress" etc.
Basically, with a little bit of luck and not worrying about the little things, as long as you've got the chunk of the material from your case, you should be good to go. Good luck to everybody else. SO RELIEVED!!!

You mean you took the exam in July, right?

So based on these results, there is a positive correlation between level of post-test angst and passing? Gives me hope.

Sorry guys, I got my result. I passed!!! IMG from India, gave the exam in Houston, June 3rd. Got the result around 4 pm, EST on 1st day of reporting period.

Coming to my exam experience. This was my 2nd attempt. There is not much difference in my exam performance compared to my 1st attempt. The only advice I give for imgs is time management is the key for this exam. Practicing with a live partner definitely helps. I felt like failing again just after getting out of the examination center. Did lots and lots of mistakes. If I cleared this exam, you could too for sure!!! All the best guys!!!

Completely arbitrary grading for the most part. A classmate of mine failed it because he failed CIS. Makes no sense; he has no idea why he failed. Pretty nice guy, did all the proper guiding, advising etc. He took it in LA. Allegedly a lot of disgruntled, out of work actors are the SP's. Who knows. The only piece of advice I would give test takers is to take it in Houston if possible. Stereotype is friendlier SP's, easier to pass. Personally, I did find that they were all very nice people.

AMG, June 29th in Atlanta.
No score today. GAH!
I am assuming I failed but hoping for the best! Fingers crossed for next Wednesday.

Woke up to see I passed!

Congratulations to everyone. The key to this exam is first aid cs and practicing cases timed live with anyone you can even if via skype. Doing an outpatient rotation while studying for cs is also useful as it's a very similar setting. Good luck to those waiting on their scores!

AMG, June 29th in Atlanta.
No score today. GAH!
I am assuming I failed but hoping for the best! Fingers crossed for next Wednesday.
Getting score next week does not mean failing! I know many people who got their scores 2nd week and they passed. Hopefully you will too.
But this message is not meant to instill positive hope in you. We never know why they fail us and why they pass. I passed yesterday and still have no clue what it takes to pass this damn exam. I was literally stressed out to the core until I see the word pass in the result. So take the result as it comes. Prepare for anything. All the best!!!

After I received my score yesterday, I felt this exam is invalid... I'm surprised who is failing if I pass with those stupid mistakes?

IMG Atl June 21st, got scores by 3:50PM yesterday, PASS above Borderline in all components, missed some stuff on Hx questioning, missed some on PE, but I closed all my cases in 13min (rush through all of them honestly), took 12 min to do my note (10 for typing, 2 for reviewing and fix it a bit), on 6 of the cases I only put TWO differentials because I did not had a lot of supporting facts for a 3rd one, and my CIS components was OK, did not over do it but obviously showed that I cared for the patients wellbeing. For upcoming test takes just try and do everything from Introducing your self to Closings with Counseling and do you have any questions, answer challenging questions w/o getting to deep on information and using you common sense and you will pass for sure. (I only studied for 7 days, 3 of the took a prep. course + FA) Cheers to everyone that passed !

You mean you took the exam in July, right?

So based on these results, there is a positive correlation between level of post-test angst and passing? Gives me hope.
Yeah my bad, posted my the wrong date out of excitement lol! Hence, you can understand my level of "holy **** I passed!* Took the exam mid-July. All I can tell you is be positive, don't obsess over the rights and wrongs after your exam, doesn't help one bit. You've taken it, now forget about it and wait for your result. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Passed! Took mid-July. I forgot to wash my hands on two patients and didn't really have any findings on physical exams. I had one finding and still forgot to put it on my note. I was so sleep deprived the day I took this thing too. Took it in Philly and stayed two blocks away but I couldn't really sleep the night before. Happy to have it done. :)

I passed, but the more I think about this test the more i get furious at it. I know you're response is to let it go, but in time i will. Right now, I want to destroy this test and anyone involved in it.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha I agree completely. I mean the NBME did a bang up job if they wanted to test you on how to behave in a completely artificial manner that no practicing physician in the US would ever do.

I passed, but the more I think about this test the more i get furious at it. I know you're response is to let it go, but in time i will. Right now, I want to destroy this test and anyone involved in it.

Hang in there friend. I believe in your pass next week.

Wanted to update that I did pass. CIS was in the middle of the white, ICE had a few on the borderline.

I made so many mistakes, I'll try to document.
1. I am a pleasant person, I naturally smile a lot- american. I think this helps?
2. I ran out of time in 5-6 encounters (usually at the end when I was trying to quickly wrap up)
3. I almost never gave the patient two actual diagnoses, maybe one. Usually more vague, "lets do more tests then I will get back to you."
4. Did CAGE on one patient, quit halfway through CA--.
5. My counseling was a joke "oh well you should use condoms every time" "maybe you shouldn't workout again until we have the results back"
--again I did this maybe half the time.
6. I did always summarize, introduce my role, wash hands, ask to untie gown, ask "any more questions for me right now?" And talked through the physical exam.
7. My diagnosis were... wild. I said a 16 y/o had osteoarthritis and that someone else had a rare cerebellar tumor. And gave both females "Female athlete triad" based on low weight and nothing else.
8. I Ordered a tilt table test on someone without any signs of syncope.
9. Told someone they might have cancer and they looked at me so afraid so I backtracked and offered to get a family member to talk about it.

Anyways. I was SOOOOOO freaked out from these treads because everyone was like "IF YOU DONT FULLY COUNSEL AND PAT THE PATIENTS HEAD YOU WILL FAIL CIS" I did nothing near this and easily passed that section. I also looked at my paper a ton while writing, never asking permission to do so.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!