Step 2 CS physical exam findings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CD4TH2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently took Step 2 CS and I feel pretty good about the test except for one part. When listing supporting evidence for my diagnosis, I was able to list a good amount from the history but not so much from my physical exam. In fact, sometimes I didn't list anything because either their exam was normal, or there wasn't anything I thought supported my diagnosis. Hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Recently took Step 2 CS and I feel pretty good about the test except for one part. When listing supporting evidence for my diagnosis, I was able to list a good amount from the history but not so much from my physical exam. In fact, sometimes I didn't list anything because either their exam was normal, or there wasn't anything I thought supported my diagnosis. Hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are, the exam is what it is. If it was Normal then it's normal. Supporting info comes from the subjective history and you did what you needed to do to support your clinical judgement. I'm gonna try not to think about my CS grade as much as possible. I got all bent out of shape over CK and it went fine. I'm sure all is well