Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violetta80

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey my friends!

I have a question that likely has been asked a hundred 1000 times. Still, I will allow myself to ask it again ;)

I want to start studying for step 2cs.

How to start best? I have literally no clue about this exam other than it is too expensive and it involves standardized patients.

I found a victim (friend of mine) - but not MD, but real american ;) He offered to play regularly the "patient' - do you think this is enough practice? Obviously I will study with First Aid but I would like to take it in best case in 1 month.

Any videos or stuff I should watch necessarily? Any course I should take (my english should be ok, also I learned blind-typing at school already). - And how to practice best these patient notes? (as you may realize I did read about their existence ;))

You can now either hate me for posting something that has been asked again or you can be friendly and help me further. I would appreciate the latter.

Oh - and I plan to take it in philly, do I need to be scared?

Best and thanks, Vi

Members don't see this ad.

Hey my friends!

I have a question that likely has been asked a hundred 1000 times. Still, I will allow myself to ask it again ;)

How to start best? I have literally no clue about this exam other than it is too expensive and it involves standardized patients.

I found a victim (friend of mine) - but not MD, but real american ;) He offered to play regularly the "patient' - do you think this is enough practice? Obviously I will study with First Aid but I would like to take it in best case in 1 month.

Any videos or stuff I should watch necessarily? Any course I should take (my english should be ok, also I learned blind-typing at school already). - And how to practice best these patient notes? (as you may realize I did read about their existence ;))

You can now either hate me for posting something that has been asked again or you can be friendly and help me further. I would appreciate the latter.

Best and thanks, Vi

all you need is First Aid for the CS
look up in google CS mnemonics or Cs bluesheet mnemonics
and memorize the pain mnemonic
no pain mnemonic
ROS
PMHx
and the pediatric ones
also you need the Depression one
and would advice you learn the one for abuse and urinary issues.
READ and RE READ the mini cases part. learn what qs to ask, diferentials and what labs to make. if you want, cover the labs and differentials part and try to answer the cases by yourself. if you want you can make your own flashcards out of it.
and practice your timing in the cases, and the patient notes.
I recomend you use usmle-cspractice.com for practicing patient notes.
practice the challenging questions and also your empathy. all you need is First aid, mnemonics and practice practice practice.
Best of lucks!
philly was nice. loved the weather. people was nice. it was pretty cool and cheap for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey my friends!

Best and thanks, Vi
You have to visit the ecfmg.org site.its useful for you

Members don't see this ad :)