Step 2 Kaplan videos and lecture notes (Worth Doing v Not Worth It)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSeanieB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
people on the pediatrics shelf thread gave the 15 hrs worth of peds lectures 2 thumbs up.

Conrad Fischer Lectures for IM but to be honest he literally hits every point in MTB 2/3 (though it is good hearing it then reading it.)
The Ob/Gyn guy was great.
Surgery lectures are straight from the LN but he goes over all the vignettes so it was well worth it.

I watched 1-2 lectures of all the other subjects and the lecturers were pretty bad in my opinion. I used my Step 1 Kaplan lectures for the Biostats part. Daughtery is amazing, a bit too good, too bad Kaplan lost him to Falcon.

Being at the tail end of my Step 2 Prep I would say the only part of Kaplan that has actually helped me consistently get right answers is Pestana with Surgery and Daughtery with Biostats/Psych. The rest are not needed and is in MTB/UWORLD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Conrad Fischer Lectures for IM but to be honest he literally hits every point in MTB 2/3 (though it is good hearing it then reading it.)
The Ob/Gyn guy was great.
Surgery lectures are straight from the LN but he goes over all the vignettes so it was well worth it.

I watched 1-2 lectures of all the other subjects and the lecturers were pretty bad in my opinion. I used my Step 1 Kaplan lectures for the Biostats part. Daughtery is amazing, a bit too good, too bad Kaplan lost him to Falcon.

Being at the tail end of my Step 2 Prep I would say the only part of Kaplan that has actually helped me consistently get right answers is Pestana with Surgery and Daughtery with Biostats/Psych. The rest are not needed and is in MTB/UWORLD.

So you're basically saying that the High Yield course is just as worth it as the full course, considering that the test is basically IM and MTB2/3 covers those topics adequately?

I loved them. Everyone talks about Conrad Fisher but honestly, Dr. Faselis (Rheum, Pulm, Endo, etc.) is the bomb. :)