Step 2 performance and Kaplan Q bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any correlation that exists between the cumulative performance on Kaplan Step 2 QBank and the actual Step 2 exam? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know that you'll find any real statistics on this, though it actually might make for an interesting study. I think that Qbank is best viewed as a learning tool rather than a prognosticator of your real-world performance. Go through the entire thing, and take the time to review topics that you're a bit rusty on.

That being said, from personal experience and that of my friends, a consistent 60-65% on Qbank is an excellent indication that you will pass Step II. I'd say that a consistent 75% (with no cheating!) will likely place you within the upper quartile if you're not someone who freaks out when it comes to the real thing.

Best of luck! :luck:

vegas said:
Does anyone know of any correlation that exists between the cumulative performance on Kaplan Step 2 QBank and the actual Step 2 exam? Thanks!

Q bank 70% (doing timed 50 question tests on all subjects) over a 2-3 week period

Step 2 246

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends!!! Is there much of a difference between the 2000-2001 edition kaplan books & the 2004-2005 edition ??? I am strapped for cash & the older edition seems cheaper so, some one who knows the difference please, answer me. :( :( :(