1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

step 2 score and psych res.

Discussion in 'Step I' started by md-student, Nov 2, 2002.

1. I was wondering if there are any PGYs or 4th year students out there with some input on step 2 scores and matching in psychiatry.

I just got my step 2 scores back with a disappointing 190 (79). I am a US citizen and will be graduating from US med school in the upper half of my class. My step 1 scores are significantly better. I don't know what happened on step 2.

Will I have much trouble matching into psych? I'm applying mostly in the midwest (Big 10 schools) and already have several interviews lined up. I'm stressing out a bit. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mhdousa

mhdousa Member
    7+ Year Member

well, it depends...
    on your eras application, did you select the option that automatically sends
    out your scores. if not, then there's a possibility that your programs will
    never find out about your scores, unless, of course, they ask you directly
    during interviews.
    i'm not very familiar with psych, so i don't know what kind of scores are
    necessary to match.
    -m

4. Unfortunately I checked the box on ERAS to have my scores automatically forwarded for a couple reasons. First, I felt pretty good about the test after I took it. Second, I didn't want to hide my step 2 score and have it haunt me in feb/march rank time. I wanted it sent so if programs had a problem with it I would know up front who to rank.

5. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

You will not have a problem matching in psych. Particularly since you are in the upper half of your class and have a descent step I score.