step 2 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gizmo007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope some program directors or residents that are involved with the interview/selection committee could answer my question. Does it seem really bad if the step 2 score is almost 20 points lower than step I score? I scored 248 on step I and I'm wondering how bad it might be if my step II score was something like 232. I'm also a USIMG.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope some program directors or residents that are involved with the interview/selection committee could answer my question. Does it seem really bad if the step 2 score is almost 20 points lower than step I score? I scored 248 on step I and I'm wondering how bad it might be if my step II score was something like 232. I'm also a USIMG.

248 to 232 is fine.

-AT.

both of those scores are awesome! I don't know what the problem is there.

both of those scores are awesome! I don't know what the problem is there.

I don't mean to offend anyone if it seems like I'm saying that a 232 is a low score. This is not how I feel. I just think that being a FMG I'm already at a disadvantage, and having a step 2 score decrease by almost 20 points might look very bad to programs. I'm applying to EM and it's competitive.

Based upon the match statistics for EM both of those scores are fine.
again, don't see what the problem is