Step 2 UWorld for Step 3 preparation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I failed Step 3 multiple times with a borderline to below borderline performance on the MCQs and a borderline to above borderline performance on CCS. I did poorly on biostats (asterisk to the far left) along with 4 other areas. I did UW and Kaplan QBanks several times and I feel like its not helping. I was able to improve on my Step 3 score the last time I took it due to a better performance on the CCS. I was wondering if I should do Step 2CK UWorld just to refresh my basic clinical knowledge since I also didnt do well on Step 2 CK and its been years since I passed it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I failed Step 3 multiple times with a borderline to below borderline performance on the MCQs and a borderline to above borderline performance on CCS. I did poorly on biostats (asterisk to the far left) along with 4 other areas. I did UW and Kaplan QBanks several times and I feel like its not helping. I was able to improve on my Step 3 score the last time I took it due to a better performance on the CCS. I was wondering if I should do Step 2CK UWorld just to refresh my basic clinical knowledge since I also didnt do well on Step 2 CK and its been years since I passed it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Are you currently a resident? I assume it will be really hard for you to keep up with everything.
-This is what I would do though in your case

1) biostats
-do UWORLD biostats (the extra tutorial thing)
-do UWORLD step 1,2,3 biostat questions
-read first aid step 1

2) knowledge
-do step 2 CK - very similar to step 3 q-bank but a bit more resident-issues/management in step 3 qbank
-do step 3
-do kaplan step 3
-read MTB step 3