Step I Kaplan Q review with Organ System Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola! I know it's been a while, but I'm sure second year is keeping us all very busy! Hope everything's going well for everyone.

Anyway, Kaplan is offering my school a discount if we sign up by Monday, so I'd like some advice from anyone in the know.

I'm thinking of purchasing Qreview with the Organ System books and only studying from that with Fist Aid.

For anyone who has taken Step I or already has a study plan for the upcoming test, do you think Kaplan organ system books are necessary or useful? I have some BRS books already, but they are old versions, and I'm not sure if that and First Aid would be enough. Q review includes Qbank and clinical vignette questions.

What do you guys reccomend?

Thanks!

Doctora Foxy :D

Members don't see this ad.

I never used the organ system books but heard that they suck. The Lecture Notes (buy from a 3rd year, or off of ebay) are excellent.

Q-review is ok, but IV q-bank isn't that good.

go with review books (BRS, hi yield series), First Aid, Qbank, and StepUp. Thats really all you need not to mention have time for. You can do really well if you've mastered the above.

Ciao Foxy!

The Qreview, as you probably know contains the QBank and Q IV Bank and for $350 (the price they offered our school) it's more economical than $149/month for each. If you split it with someone it's even cheaper.

I have the Kaplan lecture series notes from a couple of years ago. They're the 3 volume set with a separate question book, not the organ-based set. I've been reviewing those with Robbins and BRS Path for pathology and the biochem section with BRS Biochem and Lippincott's. Also I've been listening to the Gold Standard CD's in the car or when I'm on the Stairmaster but the jury's still out on those.

Lastly, my school, through our library, has a subscription to ExamMasters which is an online question bank similar to Kaplan, but somewhat harder from what the 3rd years have said. I also have found all of the above a great way to study for the current system block (we're all PBL here).

Anyhow, that's my 2 cent. Good look with studying!

Spang

Wow I guess I should take the deal they gave our school...Q review for 9 months plus q book plus in center exam simulation for 2 days for $190.