• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

LuLu24

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
CALIFORNIA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I noticed the curriculum at NJMS offers a month during 2nd year solely for studying for Step I. Is this common in all medical school curriculums?

Green Pirate

Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
this might be better suited for the cool kids over on the medical school forums

About the Ads

Droopy Snoopy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
The Alamo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yes, although the time varies by school from less than a month to two or more. We take finals the last week of April and start on wards the second week of June. I scheduled my Step for June 4, although a couple of my classmates have theirs much earlier (either by choice or because better dates were taken).

Ashers

Bacteria? Don't exist.
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Land of Entrapment
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Our finals get done on 10 May, and we have our orientation to the wards the last week of June starting on the wards the first Monday in July. I'm taking mine on 7 June after about 3.5 weeks, which allows for a ~2 week vacation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.