Step II CK scores released 9/24 and ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sj139

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
USMLE Step II CK scores for test dates on/after July 31st, 2014 were delayed due to some question changes. Most scores from this period were released yesterday September 24th. Does anyone know how long it will take before these scores are released to ERAS and viewable to residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to release it manually in ERAS (USMLE transcript->Retransmit). Most programs will download it in a matter of hours (automatic it seems).

Reactions: 1 user
Mine arrived yesterday. I couldn't believe I had to rely on a post in Redditt to find that out. Quoting from the score report (and just to share with the group): This score is determined by your overall performance on Step 2 CK. For recent administrations, the mean and standard deviation for first-time examinees from U.S. and Canadian medical schools are approximately 240 and 18, respectively, with most scores falling between 140 and 260. A score of 209 is set by USMLE to pass Step 2 CK. The standard error of measurement (SEM) for this scale is six points.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if that is a different mean/SD than before July 31st when the questions changed?

I do not know, and would love to have someone verify this. I felt like we had it much harder than previous administrations because I did much higher on the practice CK's, and others in the past have reported the practice results were closer to their actual than what I wound up with. No way to know for sure without knowing what you've asked for so, can anyone provide the language I pasted in my earlier post from a prior score report?