Step II score ..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone know what % of Kaplan questiuons will give good USMLE score say above > 90 ??

I am getting around 60-65 % on practice Kaplan q bank, still dunno how am doing :confused:

Thanks heaps..

Members don't see this ad.

blueey,
i was just getting online to look for the answer to the same question. . . The NMS Step 2 CD-ROM says 55-60% correct correlates with passing, >75% correct correlates with a well-above average score. But obviously qbank is a different set of questions entirely.

Here's what Kaplan said when i asked them a similar question:

Hello,

Thank you for using Kaplan's cutting edge Qbank!

The Qbank has the most test-like questions available; it is the perfect
tool for honing your skills on the various USMLE question types.

However, the Qbank is not designed to simulate a full-length testing
experience. We haven't conducted large-scale longitudinal studies of
the predictive validity of Qbank, as the Qbank allows students to
customize exams, and therefore doesn't replicate the actual test
experience.

Thus, the performance percentages you receive do not correlate to
official USMLE test scores.

Best regards,

Demetri for [email protected]

gee, thanks Demetri :D

My buddy just took the exam and he got 230, I think that was aroud 90 or so....he was getting in the high 60 and then in the mid 70s at the end of the q-bank....

I would shoot for low to mid 70s....

Q-bank is dome great stuff....it is more important that you learn for ALL the questions than getting a percentage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mic2003,

Was that a 78 for all the questoins?

How did you do in the begining and towards the end?

I will be taking the exam in about 13 days, what is your advice?

I have done First Aid about 2 times, NMS Qs, and almost done with the q-bank....I will be done in about 3 days.

Should I jsut go over the q-bank questions again? What about NMS Qs?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it is getting close!!

Don't know if you are interested in buying yet another book, but if anyone is looking for one - Boards and Wards was the best. I just took step2 last week, and between qbank, NMS, and boards and wards I think I had at least seen 95% of the material somewhere in those 3 sources. Unfortunately, I don't always remember everything I see, so I am sure I didn't do quite that well.

Boards and Wards was a great review source for cramming in those last little memory associations in the last week before the exam. If I could recommend one non-question book, this is it!

That 78% was my final average after going through the questions once. After that, I redid all the questions I got wrong. In addition, I used the NMS questions.

For books, I used Prescriptions and Step 2 secrets. I recently saw the Boards and Wards book -- it looks good. Personally, I'd probably use the Boards and Wards book over Secrets -- might be a good investment for the next two weeks.

I tend not to worry about getting practice questions wrong, but, at the end of the day, I make sure I understand why I got them wrong.

Best

Thank you all for the advice!!

Now it is time for me to go into my little cave and study my ass off.

I have been doing q-bank...getting around 72%. THis is the 1st time through and I see myself making alot of silly mistakes, or mistakes on questions that I have never seen before.

I will go through these questions again, NMS questions again, Step 2 secrets and then go through FirstAid onle last time.

That will be that...

What do you all recommend for the day before?

"What do you all recommend for the day before?"

Not a whole lot. You've done your prep and another day isn't going to make much difference. I usually watch a whole bunch of TV, go to the driving range, and hit the grocery store for the next days lunch (those Starbucks Cappucino drinks were a nice "pick-me-up" during the exam). Of course, I never forget to grab a celebratory 12-pack for the night after.

Personally, I'm not much of a morning person. As anal as it sounds, I start getting up at 0500 a few days before the exam. When I have to go to bed the night before, not only am I exhausted, but when the alarm clock goes off at 0700 I feel like I slept in.

Cheers

i was gettin in the 70's on qbank by the end of step 1 review, and got a 262. but i think first aid was more helpful in terms of score, as was luck =)
for step 2, i heard step 2 secrets and nms are worthwhile, as is step 2 qbank.
good luck to all,
jj