Step in 220s do I still have a chance for EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P.K

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 224 in step and an IMG. Is EM still an option for me? What step would i have to take to increase my competitveness if i still have a chance? About to start my clinical rotations

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you've seen the data-it has become very difficult for IMGs to match into EM. You would have to do extremely well on Step 2 (and pass CS) as well as do a couple aways at one of the few remaining programs that takes a fair number of IMGs. Even then the numbers seem to give you about a 1/3 chance. Strongly think about/contingency plan for a backup

And apply broadly. Do well on your rotations and consider doing 3 rotations in EM at least 1 or 2 in a place that might be easier to get into with match so they would know you personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
This forum desperately needs a WAMC thread. This is getting ridiculous.
I mean I wish there's one so I can make a Damn post or read other ppls.... I have literally no info on how I'd fare

Sent from my VS996 using SDN mobile

I'm sorry, is your definition of help being super sarcastic and then, when questioned, justify that my dissatisfaction has something to do with the lack of "help", somehow? That's some serious power tripping.

And also, did not ask for help. Only groaned about the lack of a wamc thread (that's not ancient).

I'm sorry, is your definition of help being super sarcastic and then, when questioned, justify that my dissatisfaction has something to do with the lack of "help", somehow? That's some serious power tripping.

And also, did not ask for help. Only groaned about the lack of a wamc thread (that's not ancient).

Dude, you're doubling down on making sure no one helps you. And, yes, when you ask "what are my chances?", you are asking for help.

And, if 2 months is "old af" and "ancient", then I don't think there is an answer. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
You're saying that a thread with a post from yesterday, and recent activity that kind of waned after this year's Match day is old AF?

You really are doing it wrong.
Right or wrong, the point is that trolls are flexing and power tripping hard :)