STEP study schedule critique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebasappa

Momma said knock you out.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I need some help from my favorite forum! So my Test is coming up (~68 days from now) and I'm scrambling to come up with a solid study plan for STEP 1.

A little background: I haven't done any Uworld (maybe only 100 questions), and I've been doing a littttle USMLERx along with classes, but not so much. That being said, I do pretty well in class and I've been studying my butt off all year, I've been following along with FA during 2nd year and have nearly completed it all (need to do first year stuff) as well as Pathoma (also am going to finish first year stuff for it).

I just don't know really where to start. Do you guys have any advice on how to take on this upcoming month before dedicated and dedicated? *I still have class during this next month

I was thinking these next 37 days before dedicated I would: Finish off FA and therefore have a completed 1st in-depth run through, finish off Pathoma, run through sketchymicro/viral/etc once through again, and supplement with some BRS Phys or something.

During dedicated (30 days) I thought about: Somehow getting 2 passes of FA in there and going through UWorld at LEAST once through, although I would like 1.5-2, and again going through Pathoma and Sketchy.

Do you guys think this is feasible and appropriate for me? I don't know if I can read FA that fast during dedicated, but then again I never really timed myself and whatnot... Should I try and squeeze in a full USMLERx pass through this month before dedicated/squeeze in a pass of FA?

Thanks for any help, really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? I know, it's a wall of text -_-'
Focus more on FA and UWorld. Rx is essentially memorizing first aid with minor details. They give you practically every detail of a presentation so that if you know one presenting fact, you can know the disease. UWorld will really help you think like you need to. I would say skip doing Rx for now and focus more on UWorld. If you feel content with UWorld or you're struggling in a subject, it doesn't hurt to use Rx

Reactions: 1 user
Focus more on FA and UWorld. Rx is essentially memorizing first aid with minor details. They give you practically every detail of a presentation so that if you know one presenting fact, you can know the disease. UWorld will really help you think like you need to. I would say skip doing Rx for now and focus more on UWorld. If you feel content with UWorld or you're struggling in a subject, it doesn't hurt to use Rx

Ok cool, I was thinking along these lines as well, thanks for the help! I just need to find the balance between reading FA or doing UWorld with my classes for now