Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Stethoscope Advice

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Joejitsu, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Joejitsu

Joejitsu Member

Any med students have advice for which stethoscope to purchase or avoid for med school. I was looking into the Littmann Cardiology III, but even at $118 (the lowest price I've found), I'm a little hesitant that it may be more than I need throughout med school. Comments?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PCSOM2002

PCSOM2002 Junior Member

I purchased the Cardiology III for my clinical rotation after suffering with the Littmann Classic II SE that we were given at the beginning of school. In my opinion, the Card. III is an excellect scope with very good acoustics. Some will tell you that the stethoscope does not matter, but I believe it makes a big difference. $118 is a good price for that scope.

4. jdg

jdg

We were given a Littmann Cardio III during orientation week as a gift from our state's Osteopathic Medical Society. I think you should find out if your school will give you a stethoscope upon matriculation before you go spending money that you didn't need to.

------------------
    JDG
    PCOM 2004

5. ebola95

ebola95 Senior Member

i swear by my Littman Master Cardiology...yes, it was a bit more expensive, but well worth the money...take care of it and it will do the same to you