Stethoscopes - Littmann Cardio III Black Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

Little new to shopping for medical supplies; where might I go looking for the best price on this thing?

And if I were to have it engraved: any reputable sellers that do that?

Members don't see this ad.

allheart.com seems to have pretty good prices, but ebay is also a good option...just my $0.02.

also there are quite a few threads on here about stethoscopes, so you might find some good info with a search

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, allheart.com does it. They don't really "engrave", but simply painting your name. The paint seems to be very durable because I've had mine for 2 years and it still stays on 100%.

Allheart.com also offers an extra long tubing for the black edition for extra $10. IIRC, it's 30" to 33". But some guy told me it's actually the veterinary tubing. FYI only.

Couldn't find anything on ResellerRatings for them or mystethoscope.com, and AllHeart is getting dinged pretty badly. Did you order from them before?

I've ordered two or three times from AllHeart without any sort of hitch. No engraving or custom stuff though just click and buy

I got the black edition, but I'd actually advise against. There's something to be said about having a silvery stethoscope around your neck. Yeah it's cool at first, but I changed my mind about it. Plus all-black may be the wrong message to be sending to patients.

The model is good though, pretty standard for a first stethoscope.

I got the black edition, but I'd actually advise against. There's something to be said about having a silvery stethoscope around your neck. Yeah it's cool at first, but I changed my mind about it. Plus all-black may be the wrong message to be sending to patients.

Hah... for some reason, I just had this terrific image of someone walking into an exam room with that stethoscope around their neck (which I just ordered), black hoodie, and a scythe in their hand.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks guys for the stethoscope info. I'll be getting one pretty soon too.

I got mine (all black version) from allheart, and the "engraving" was great. It shipped relatively fast and everything seems fine.

I suppose I wish I could have selected the text color for the "engraving" (printing of my name). It's a brownish color, and I would have much preferred something blue. But whatever. It looks great.

I've used medisave before with the free "engraving". It was fine, came in one piece.

That's where I ordered from yesterday. Read on their site that their "engraving" is done by laser, so hopefully that's the case / it won't look half bad.

I suppose I wish I could have selected the text color for the "engraving" (printing of my name). It's a brownish color, and I would have much preferred something blue. But whatever. It looks great.

That seems to be the standard color for laser engraving. It's not chosen, just the product of the technology + the type of rubber. They don't recommend engraving brown-ish stethoscopes for that reason.

Hi, all.

One of the cardiology fellows in the hospital where I worked gave me a Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscope as a going away gift. It is VERY nice, but I am worried that it may be kind of advanced for me at this point. Should I invest in a Cardiology III, or will this one be ok?

Please advise.

Thank you!!

Buy the cardio III and send me the master cardiology :laugh:

Nah, if you have the master cardio, do yourself a favor and don't waste $142 on the cardio III. Just my $0.02