Stewart Medical School!! You have to see this!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This doesn't really apply to the Stewart issue but many DO students do not take the USMLE, only the COMLEX. They still manage to practice in this country.

I guess you could take the Stewie U degree and offer something like crystal therapy, can't imagine that's heavily regulated.

Still manage to practice in this country?!? C'mon man. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: The whole key is that the school divulges where they are located without fear of terrorist attacks. Nothing scares the extremist like an un-accredited school of medicine with no mailing address or paper trail of where said applicant attendent "med school"....Spyderdoc rocks :D

Sorry, didnt mean to spoil everyones fun..... anywayz. 3 hours left and counting!!!!!! Match 2008! Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)

No dig intended towards DO's. Perhaps a poor choice of words. Just stating that obviously the USMLE is not required to practice medicine in this country. If it were we wouldn't have many of the excellent DO's that we do working in all manner of medical fields.

But no, that doesn't save Stewart.

No dig intended towards DO's. Perhaps a poor choice of words. Just stating that obviously the USMLE is not required to practice medicine in this country. If it were we wouldn't have many of the excellent DO's that we do working in all manner of medical fields.

But no, that doesn't save Stewart.

I hate to get into DO/MD flame wars, but I think the main point you were getting at is that you still have to qualify for one type of boards, either the COMLEX or USMLE, neither of which this school would be able to do.

I hate to get into DO/MD flame wars, but I think the main point you were getting at is that you still have to qualify for one type of boards, either the COMLEX or USMLE, neither of which this school would be able to do.

Can we all get along (and go back to making fun of Stewart)?

Stewie cracks me up. I love Family Guy.

i sent in my cereal boxtops (that was a LOT of lucky charms, but worth it) and....

I MATCHED YESTERDAY AT STEWIE U!!!!

oh wait, they don't have clinical rotations? there's no residency there? :confused:

damn. guess i'll have to go to my fall-back plan of a real career.
sigh

:(

i sent in my cereal boxtops (that was a LOT of lucky charms, but worth it) and....

I MATCHED YESTERDAY AT STEWIE U!!!!

oh wait, they don't have clinical rotations? there's no residency there? :confused:

damn. guess i'll have to go to my fall-back plan of a real career.
sigh
:(

For a second, TM, I thought you got the "super-secret" NRMP match results (of course secrecy is necessary to protect future residents from terrorist threats) same as me, but I guess we won't be doing residency together after all...Stewie U bound, #1 BEST RESIDENCY in EVERYTHING!

Now, I just have to find the damn place...

:smuggrin:

The question remains, will Stewie U be able to compete against the West Coast powerhouse of In-N-Out? I mean, In-N-Out is so well established but the super secret location of Stewie U might give it an edge. Thoughts?

The question remains, will Stewie U be able to compete against the West Coast powerhouse of In-N-Out? I mean, In-N-Out is so well established but the super secret location of Stewie U might give it an edge. Thoughts?

I think In-N-Out has the better meal plan, but that beachfront location of Stewie is tempting....

I think In-N-Out has the better meal plan, but that beachfront location of Stewie is tempting....

I heard Chuck Norris might be defecting to Stewie, which would damage In-N-Out...

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Chuck Norris might be defecting to Stewie, which would damage In-N-Out...

Chuck Norris is cheif of anesthesiology at Stewie U...because he puts people to sleep :smuggrin:

Pardon me if it's already been mentioned...

But, I swear I was just reading about this school in "House of God". :confused::laugh:

They may have the same chief operations officer there..

Does anyone have a link to the Stewie U utube videos? I know the original vids got taken down, was hoping someone downloaded them and reposted.

Did Stewie U go underground? Their link to their website isn't working.

Zlatko has NOTHING on Stewie U...Where else can you lounge on a park bench next to the beach and learn about "adrenal fatigue"...
The Stewie U website isn't running anymore, but ZSOM is still here. Which goes to show which school is the real deal. :laugh:

The Stewie U website isn't running anymore

How can they call themselves a medical school when they disappear like that? Do you think they took the 75.00 application fee and split? I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was run out of some back room by gypsy's (no offense to gypsy's)

The Stewie U website isn't running anymore, but ZSOM is still here. Which goes to show which school is the real deal. :laugh:

Do not worry. Never fear. They are just reorganizing - apparently it is safer in Washington DC. Unfortunately, the California campus is now just "anticipated":

http://www.stewartuniversity.org/

Check out the phone number. It is the same one listed for Stewart Med. They haven't even updated the answering machine yet.

Do not worry. Never fear. They are just reorganizing - apparently it is safer in Washington DC. Unfortunately, the California campus is now just "anticipated":

http://www.stewartuniversity.org/

Check out the phone number. It is the same one listed for Stewart Med. They haven't even updated the answering machine yet.

but I can't get any links away from the original page...is there a top secret link I am missing?

Wow, after seeing ZSOM, and Stephen Colbert as the Chancellor, I figured that the whole SU thing was a joke also. But I'm not so confident anymore, which is terribly sad... I also like ZSOM's closing arguement on the accreditation of the school:

"And so you have to remember, when you’re deliberatin’ and conjugatin’ the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!"

When all else fails, I guess construe a quote from Johnny Cochran.

What are you talking about? Stewart has nothing on ZSOM. Once you get past the ninjas, it's the coolest.

OMG these videos are so freakin hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
hmm3grin2orange.gif
hmm3grin2orange.gif
hmm3grin2orange.gif

Those videos are hilarious :p

Mr.*****,

Hello sir how are you? I really do not understand the nature of your question so I will take it as face value. The school is very real. Its a brand new school that is still growing. Due to security issues I cannot reveal the location of the campus until you are accepted as a student. As for the photo of my mentor and I that was taken before I applied to medical school when I was a surgical intern. If there are anymore questions please feel free to write. With my exam schedule I will try to answer them as quick as possible.

Respectfully,

Why do you call yourselves 'The number 1 leader in US medical education', and why do you have veterinarians on your staff?

????

I do not understand your question

Why would a med school employ veterinarians?, it is pretty straighforward. How were you a surgical intern BEFORE med school? What kind of med school will not reveal their location because of 'security'??? Why would anyone go to a school like this when there are so many other offshore options?

As to why would a med school would employ vets, well I really do not know. I did not hire the staff so I cannot answer that question. I was a surgical intern by applying to an internship. Hopefully soon I will recieve the chance to do another one. Security is a very big concern, our students and staff and have been stalked and threatened by students that are related to medical schools offshore, so until these matters are settled, security is of top priority. Besides, the last thing a student needs to worry about is feeling safe while he or she is in the middle of studying for exams. We do know that some of these people have been arrested and more will follow.

Why would you want to go offshore when you can go to a medical school in California?
The answer seems pretty simple to me,

Your school is being discussed on studentdoctor.net
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=502254

This website has been discussing our school for over a year and this website is a fraud. You see, you have to pay to advertise on this site, those offshore schools that do not pay are then bombarded with negative press. This website caters to the caribbean school. WE ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE CARIBBEAN. We are located in California. These forums realize that a new school is being built in California that threatens the financial source for schools that are located in the Caribbean.

Here are some facts for you:

-This website has caused a school in the caribbean not to get its accreditation-
-This website is not non-profit as it claims to be and makes over $400,000 a year-

-One of the schools that is advertised by this website has been linked to Al-Qaeda and also has a soccer team named the terrorists.-

-The people that are continually talking negative press about Stewart University are hired by the forums and do not represent the public but are there to make sure that Stewart University does not grow-

-They have failed-

-We have reason to believe that since this school gives preference to military veterans and our entire administration is composed of naval officers, we have become a target by one of the schools that is reportedly linked to Al-Qaeda-
-The administration is composed of America's finest. People who served our country. They are here to help, not to take verbal abuse-

Hope this helps,

It almost makes me tremble with fear at the capacity some people have to mangle the English language. Doesn't this person have a proofreader? It seems like this "University" isn't fit for teaching basic grammar, let alone medicine.

I love that anyone thought this was anything but a farce. You guys that actually took the trouble to email crack me up. You guys probably read the Onion for current events.