Stewart University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Q: Where are the clinical rotations being done? A: Clinical rotations are the least concern of a new applicant to medical school. A new medical student, just beginning their medical school basic science instruction, has 16 months in the accelerated Stewart University M.D. program, before they even take the USMLE step 1 exam, which they need to pass prior to taking any clinical rotations in the U.S.. The clinical rotations can take place in a variety of locations throughout the United States or elsewhere in the world - where the medical student desires.

yeah....enough said.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Depakote, but I have never seen the press realease and particularly enjoyed this tidbit.

"The interest income I will make from the fifteen percent interest notes that I am purchasing from Stewart University in this Reg D/504 offering is going to pay for my kids' college education," says Gary Rinella, Director of IT and Security at Stewart University. "If you can get any of the Stewart University stock, you will be set for life."

Q: Where are the clinical rotations being done? A: Clinical rotations are the least concern of a new applicant to medical school. A new medical student, just beginning their medical school basic science instruction, has 16 months in the accelerated Stewart University M.D. program, before they even take the USMLE step 1 exam, which they need to pass prior to taking any clinical rotations in the U.S.. The clinical rotations can take place in a variety of locations throughout the United States or elsewhere in the world - where the medical student desires.

yeah....enough said.

Wow.

article said:
"The interest income I will make from the fifteen percent interest notes that I am purchasing from Stewart University in this Reg D/504 offering is going to pay for my kids' college education," says Gary Rinella, Director of IT and Security at Stewart University. "If you can get any of the Stewart University stock, you will be set for life."

There. Straight from the horse's mouth. I'll pulling out all my investments and buying Stewart Notes.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well if Gary Rinella says it, then it must be true. I mean...it's not like he's biased or anything.

"The fifteen percent interest notes are available in multiples of $5,000 so that almost anyone can get in on this great investment opportunity," explains Tom Conaway, Grounds Manager at Stewart University.

I always take my investment advice from the head gardener, don't you?

Looks like the Stewart University catalog

http://www.stewartmed.org/documents/SU%20catalog2007.pdf

copies the elective clinical rotations section of the AUA website:

http://www.auamed.org/med/Academic_Info/Elect_Clin_Rotations/elective_clinical_rotations.html

You'd think that'd be a violation of their admissions criteria:

"The applicants who are successful at being accepted to Stewart
University School of Medicine are those who:
· Are honest in all things. The University will not tolerate those
who cheat for any reason."

See how much fun work is when you've given notice? :laugh:

Edit:
Looks like they didn't copy wholesale (or copied from an earlier version). I'd randomly searched a string in the Oncology section, and then looked at opthmalology:

AUA:
Oncology

The oncology elective rotation provides students with the opportunity to become involved in treatment of both acutely and chronically ill patients and to learn the natural history of cancer as well as the effectiveness of various therapeutic programs.
Ophthalmology

The ophthalmology clinical elective introduces students to the care and treatment of a broad range of optomic diseases. The student is also introduced to major technical and patient care responsibilities in ophthalmic surgery.

Stewart U:
Oncology: Opportunity to become involved in treatment of both
acutely and chronically ill patients and to learn the natural history
of cancer as well as the effectiveness of various therapeutic
programs.
Ophthalmology: Care and treatment of a broad range of optomic
diseases. Introduction to major technical and patient care
responsibilities in ophthalmic surgery.

Are you sure they're not both copying from somewhere else? Why would they even want to copy something from Antigua University of Medicine?

I will pay $50 for a Stewart University Med School sweat shirt...I want to wear it when I work out next fall. Also a sticker for my car would be cool.