sticky situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epinephrinerush

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I initially took the June 18th MCAT. Felt excellent about PS but BS slaughtered me. Nearly voided the test because of BS but I kept it because of how good I felt about PS. I went home and signed up for the next available MCAT, July 17th. Problem with this date is that the June 18th score comes out 4 days after the July 17th MCAT. This meant that I had to take the July 17th MCAT without knowing how well I performed on the first one.

To make a long story short, I took the July 17th MCAT without much preparation (depressed from the first test) and came out not knowing how I did.

Well scores from the June 18th MCAT came back and I ended up getting a 35M (PS-14, VR-11, BS-10).

Question now is, will the schools see my second score? I have not yet submitted AMCAS and TMDSAS applications and plan on doing so within 2 days. It would suck to apply with a 35M only to have my second score be significantly lower and automatically submitted to the schools.

thanks for reading

Members don't see this ad.

That IS a sticky situation. Congrats on the 35 anyhow. If you did not void your new score, then it will be automatically appended to your AMCAS application :( Hopefully you did well because some schools will only look at your most recent score.

So I initially took the June 18th MCAT. Felt excellent about PS but BS slaughtered me. Nearly voided the test because of BS but I kept it because of how good I felt about PS. I went home and signed up for the next available MCAT, July 17th. Problem with this date is that the June 18th score comes out 4 days after the July 17th MCAT. This meant that I had to take the July 17th MCAT without knowing how well I performed on the first one.

To make a long story short, I took the July 17th MCAT without much preparation (depressed from the first test) and came out not knowing how I did.

Well scores from the June 18th MCAT came back and I ended up getting a 35M (PS-14, VR-11, BS-10).

Question now is, will the schools see my second score? I have not yet submitted AMCAS and TMDSAS applications and plan on doing so within 2 days. It would suck to apply with a 35M only to have my second score be significantly lower and automatically submitted to the schools.

thanks for reading

Wow, great score! I also felt terrible about Bio and ended up with a 9. I know according to SDN standards that's not great but I'm ecstatic because I really felt like crap after Bio and I too thought of voiding and I too considered signing up for the next test. Let this be a lesson to all.. you always feel like crap after this test and most of us manage to come out ok.

In any event, it may be a very long shot... but call AAMC and see if they can void your new test... after all, it was just a few days ago. I doubt that they can do this, but you'll never know unless you try.

If they can't do it... who knows, you may have even done better.

Yes, schools will see both scores and yes it will hurt you if you did worse. It will be especially bad if you scored far under your original.

On a related note, you should NEVER retake the MCAT without knowing the results of the first one.