Sticky.....what companies do you use for supplies,etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the mods can find this worthy of a sticky.....please post what companies you would recommend we do business with. Needles,suppliers....off the top of my head, i really need a compounding pharmacy,a general supply(my needles are coring and im looking to change from PSS) and anything else.

thx in advance

T

Members don't see this ad.

We use Anazao Health out of Florida, 800-995-4363 www.anazaohealth.com for the compound drugs. Great company, very trustworthy products and their invoices have all of the information needed for the insurers :)

Henry Schein is great for supplies. We used to use PSS as well but found the quality of their supplies sub-par. I am not sure if they assign different reps for different areas of the country but you can contact our rep, Carole DeLong at 800-772-4346, opt 2, opt 1, ext 2770 and she can let you know any particulars. She is fantastic.

Reactions: 1 user
awesome....you have contributed alot in a very short period of time....what took u so long?....;-)

T

Members don't see this ad :)
5 or 6 inch touhy needles. I use PSS and the best price they have for me is in the 9 dollar range, which I know is a complete rip off considering how much I spend with them. Also my contrast which is at a group offering price for omnipaque 240MG 10X10ML is 250$ which I think is too expensive.
Any advice>?

I just found out about this site through the Coding911 forum. I am glad I can contribute.

what sterilizer do you guys use for your RF and disk procedures? I am looking and educating.....Midmark M9 seems like an easy machine....new list is about $4500....some used ones on ebay are between $1000-2000. Any other options? Or do you guys just lease and bite the bullet and write off the rest?

what company do you use for single shot epidural trays and how much do you pay for the box of 10 trays?

i just bought a refurb ghetto m7. it works. Thats about it. Works. Ugly as hell!

if you want the name to the place i got it, i can give it to you, they have deals on refubs, including m9s, which is what i wanted, but couldnt afford with all the new toys i just bought...

what sterilizer do you guys use for your RF and disk procedures? I am looking and educating.....Midmark M9 seems like an easy machine....new list is about $4500....some used ones on ebay are between $1000-2000. Any other options? Or do you guys just lease and bite the bullet and write off the rest?

If you want to find good deals on autoclaves check out the tattoo supply places. That's where I found the best price.

im seeing about $2700 for a refurb M9 with warranty. Ebay is a good source of info too, even if it is just to see their specs and variety.

Please post info of where the place.

As for ESI trays, i dont use them. I use 22G or 25G 3" spinal needles about $1 each....box of iodine swabs couple bucks for 100.....multi use lido and kenalog.....box of 18G and 27G needles for drawing....syringes by the box of a bunch. All from PSS shipped out to me in 1-2 days.

T

As for ESI trays, i dont use them. I use 22G or 25G 3" spinal needles about $1 each....box of iodine swabs couple bucks for 100.....multi use lido and kenalog.....box of 18G and 27G needles for drawing....syringes by the box of a bunch. All from PSS shipped out to me in 1-2 days.
T

what would a spinal tray cost, compared to your estimated cost of all the items for one epidural procedure.

i dont know off the top of my head what an esi tray would cost....$15-20??? Either way i do transforaminals 99% of the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
no drape?

what do you "open" the steril items into...

where do get 1 buck spinal needles? Do tell!

I have toyed with eliminating the tray, some people i know do this, and it certainly would cut down on the price, but a tray is so easy... and i get em pretty cheap, but not as cheap as individual items like you say.
thanks

im seeing about $2700 for a refurb M9 with warranty. Ebay is a good source of info too, even if it is just to see their specs and variety.

Please post info of where the place.

T

PSS has drapes too. They are cheap. I guess cuz i dont translaminar esi's anymore a tray wont have what i need, so i had to go individual.

T

I was able to get Neuro Supply needles free shipping and cheaper than Cadwell (I talked to the owner)

why not just get some towels and sterilize them? Should work

If you pay for your own equipment trays the Braun or full tray will eat you alive. Dont use most of it. Join a hospital purchasing organization. You can get total cost down to about 8-9$ vs around 25$ for full tray. How many blocks per year. You dont need the tray for MBB, SI or TF

I guess I'm resurrecting this one from the dead. Just wondering who everyone is using these days?

Right now we are using a couple of suppliers. We use insightneedles.com for needles/IV's, ($1 quinckes!... but their Tuohy pricing isn't great). For everything else, we use lynn med and Mckesson.

Are most people using one supplier or a couple different companies? Does anyone know of any other good sources (some good ones in this thread)?

Last edited:
check PSS.....Physicans Supply something....also Mckesson.

I work for a large multispecialty group (about 150 physiciains) and I go through the Mckesson rep that is used by the whole group and I have been pretty happy with the company. I am custom ordering an epidural tray and a general block tray and getting them for less that 10$. I compared them with the website mentioned here: insightneedles.com and this appears to be a cheaper option. I am new to the game (just graduated pain fellowship end of June 2014) so I am not sure if I am getting a better discount through my multispecialty group or not. Incidentally, the group also elected to buy a Genoray C-arm 7000, which I had not heard of before but it was also much cheaper than GE...

I shop around between McKesson and Henry Schein. The reps are always fighting to match each other.

I'm looking into Medline plus later in the summer.

I use StratfordMED. Pretty good pricing and reps are willing to beat or at least match other prices.

My MA likes their online store

That’s way too high for kypho. Medtronic and Stryker should both be in the $1800 range for two trocars, bone fillers, drill, balloon, and cement. Have seen them as cheap as $1200.

I would also consider joining a GPO. Many are free and provide discounts.

Last edited by a moderator: