still able to take MCAT on paper???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simbalimba

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem as me, when I concentrate hard on reading something on the computer I start to get a headache and the words start getting blurry. I wanted to know if there was a way to still ask for permission to take the test on paper??

Members don't see this ad.

havent done much research, but im fairly certian u could have to have more of a reason than the computer gives you headaches. Maybe if it gives you siezures they would consider and exception...

im sure they make exceptions...i would def get a doctor on my side before pursuing anything

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, what if we just prefer taking the paper one? I hate this computer-based crap... I'd rather write on the questions themselves, cross out the wrong answers, etc...

I'm trying to look for anything that talks about the requirements/options, but I can't find anything...:rolleyes:

I wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem as me, when I concentrate hard on reading something on the computer I start to get a headache and the words start getting blurry. I wanted to know if there was a way to still ask for permission to take the test on paper??
to my knowledge they don't administer paper exams for the MCAT. I dont even think GREs which are all computerized allows paper exams. Does anybody know anything about this?

to my knowledge they don't administer paper exams for the MCAT. I dont even think GREs which are all computerized allows paper exams. Does anybody know anything about this?

At the transitional FAQS on their website, they're saying:

Will the paper format of the MCAT be available in 2007?
No. With full implementation of the computerized MCAT in 2007, paper MCAT administrations will be discontinued.
http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/transitionfaq.htm#7

Although it does seem like a straight forward response from them, I can't help but wonder what they have as backup options for potential test takers with major disabilities pertaining to the computerized version.

What kind of major disabilities can you have that would not allow you to take a test on computer? ANd would this major disability even allow you to function as a competent physician, if you could not use computers? I am asking because I am curious, I just want to know, so don't flame me please...

What kind of major disabilities can you have that would not allow you to take a test on computer? ANd would this major disability even allow you to function as a competent physician, if you could not use computers? I am asking because I am curious, I just want to know, so don't flame me please...

I know it sucks taking the MCAT on the computer. There are many advantages though, like shorter test time, going at your own pace etc. I agree with Hippocrates, How can you not be comfortable in front of the computer? I mean, most of us taking the MCAT are in our 20's, we have worked with them our whole lives! I have not taken the CBT MCAT, but I have taken the GRE on the computer, and it was about 3 hours. I actually enjoyed working at my own pace, and it was not as bad as I thought with the passages. The writing section was definatly better. Anyways, It all depends on the amount of scrolling involved in the questions and passage. I think that eventually, after the shock of change has worn off, people will enjoy taking the MCAT on the computer. Trust me, I HATE change. I am one of those people that likes to be set in my ways. So if I can accept it, anyone can.