Still haven't gotten an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentspade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten an interview, should I lose hope? Applied broadly -- WesternU, UNE, Touro, USC, NOVA, Temple, Tufts, NYU, UMD, Meharry, Howard, Detroit Mercy.

Mail out date: 7/27/18
Complete/Verified date: 8/2/18

AA/TS/OC/GC/BIO/RC/QR/PA
19/21/21/22/20/21/13/20

3.4 GPA/sGPA.

Updated schools with what I am doing now and said they added my update to my application.

Any tips on what I should do next or reassurance would be nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Still haven't gotten an interview, should I lose hope? Applied broadly -- WesternU, UNE, Touro, USC, NOVA, Temple, Tufts, NYU, UMD, Meharry, Howard, Detroit Mercy.

Mail out date: 7/27/18
Complete/Verified date: 8/2/18

AA/TS/OC/GC/BIO/RC/QR/PA
19/21/21/22/20/21/13/20

3.4 GPA/sGPA.

Updated schools with what I am doing now and said they added my update to my application.

Any tips on what I should do next or reassurance would be nice!

I have every similar stats as you and have only heard back from very few schools compared to how many I applied to.Hang in there and don't lose hope. It has been about a month since you have had your app verified, just give it time. I know the waiting isn't fun cause I am waiting too lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I have every similar stats as you and have only heard back from very few schools compared to how many I applied to.Hang in there and don't lose hope. It has been about a month since you have had your app verified, just give it time. I know the waiting isn't fun cause I am waiting too lol.
thanks. good luck to both of us. waiting has been such drag and is putting me in such a bad mood.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the 13 in QR may hold you back. Have you considered retaking it?

Reactions: 3 users
someone got an interview with a 12 in QR, 19AA 20TS and a 3.0 GPA/sGPA. similar extracurriculars too. i guess i was just a little jealous (haha) and hopeful yet worried for myself hearing that news.

The thing is that some schools have a minimum cutoff for all sections of the DAT (I think it's 15?). QR is probably the least important section on the test so some schools may overlook this as you have a 19AA and 21TS (awesome score).

The thing is that some schools have a minimum cutoff for all sections of the DAT (I think it's 15?). QR is probably the least important section on the test so some schools may overlook this as you have a 19AA and 21TS (awesome score).

Thanks! Before I applied to each school I reached out and they told me that there was no hard cut off and that my AA & TS are still good enough to apply. I did hard research before applying. I'm really losing up and not sure what to do. Should I send an academic update/letter of intent, or something of that sort

Thanks! Before I applied to each school I reached out and they told me that there was no hard cut off and that my AA & TS are still good enough to apply. I did hard research before applying. I'm really losing up and not sure what to do. Should I send an academic update/letter of intent, or something of that sort
A letter of intent wouldn’t do any good. You applying to the school should be enough to show them you have intent to go there. I think your best bet is to keep updating your application with new shadowing and volunteering experience..