Still haven't heard back from some schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentie11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Canadian student; half way through microbiology-immunology masters degree;
GPA: 3.30
DAT AA: 19
DAT Science: 20
DAT PAT: 17
Submitted apps: October 24/ 2013
School applied to: NYU, Buffalo, Boston, Detroit Mercy, Case Western, Temple and Penn.
Rejects: Case Western and Buffalo

Please any advice as to when I should be hearing back from the rest of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

NYU: No idea
Boston: Still going
Detroit Mercy: I heard class is full as of right now..
Temple: I didn't hear back either.
Penn: I heard they were done last week

this cycle is done!!sorry, re-apply EARLY this time

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys... it may not technically be "over" for a few schools, but let's be real. If you applied and still don't have an interview, you probably aren't exactly at the top of the list.

OP--call the schools and ask about the status of your application. Tell them you'd be more than happy to provide an update to your application of things you've been doing since you applied.

upgrade ur gpa, and your Dat scores.... they are way too low...

On top of that schools like BU and PENN look at extensive community service and leadership experiences... I hope you have them up and ready :p.

They also like research but since u are in ur masters program, i guess you have that covered.

Also meet someone who has connections with the schoola you are applying to. alumni or sth. To write your referecne letter

I did get an interview invitation from Temple few weeks ago, which I did not attend. Pretty sure they are still handing out some but call the office to be sure.

I haven't hear from Howard, Boston, Tuft, stony brook and UDM!!! Only UDM emailed me few weeks ago to see if I am still interested attending interview...other four schools haven't contact me at all . I haven't call either to inquire about it...Op should calls schools to find out if still chance for interview...