Still haven't heard from ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys! i applied last month and I still haven't heard from ICO. I am getting really nervous. I even emailed them to inquire about my status and I still haven't heard from them :( I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat :cry:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm in somewhat of a similar situation. I applied to ICO in October and they told me that they would review my file again on February 1st (they weren't too impressed with my science GPA). I haven't heard anything, but to be honest I don't really care because I've already accepted a seat at IU. I just thought I'd share with that with you so you know you're not the only one in the dark with them. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys.. I just wanted to tell you not to worry too much. I applied to ICO in Sept. and was also told my file would be reviewed in Feb. but they don't mean Feb 1st. They just want all updated materials to be in by Feb 1st. Two weeks ago I called the admissions office and they told me that the committee meets to review the files at the end of the month, so basically last week. Hopefully we'll all hear something within the next few weeks! :)

Did they email you or send it thru post to let you know about ur status? I am a reapplicant and last year, they sent an email for an interview :scared:

All correspondence I've had with ICO has been via e-mail or phone. They've never called me but I've called them a few times, regarding additions to my file and other questions. I was notified about my application status through e-mail though.

ICO may take a little longer to get back to you now because it is nearing the end of the application season so they are going through the pile to see who they have applying before sending out interview invites (at least that is what they told me last year), I am a reapplicant. I suprisingly heard back from regarding an interview fairly quickly about 3 weeks, which was impressive because last year they sent me a rejection letter at the beginning of April. Oh and they take awhile to answer back to e-mails too so calling I found is the best bet just leave them a message and they will call you back fairly quickly. Hope this helps!!
Good luck everyone!! :luck:

hey saloo..Pinu here... I am in the same boat..:( call me when you hear from them...later

yeah.. i haven't heard from them either. i do have an interview at pacific this friday tho.

ICO just called me back and said that the Admissions Committee is going to review my file the next time they meet which is in 2 wks and then they will MAIL whatever the committee's decision is. This is making me awefully nervous cuz if they are mailing something does that mean it is a rejection letter? :(( Because last time they sent me an interview invite by email :scared:

don't worry, ICO only send out postal mail regarding acceptances, waitlist, and rejection. they don't send out email (except when they invite you). pretty old fashioned, but I like it:)

I took the OAT on Dec 29th. By the first or second week in January they probably received all of my application docs. On Feb 1st I got an email re: an interview.

I interviewed on Feb 25th and now am waiting to hear back. At my interview they said the committee was scheduled to meet on March 6 and that they would mail out the decisions on March 7th... so any day now ;).. I'm so worried/excited/anxious!

Best of luck to you all!!!

For those of you who were told your file would be reviewed again in February.. have you heard from ICO yet?? I called them a week ago and they said my file is with the committee still under review so I'll hear from them within 2 weeks or so. Ahh I'm getting nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called ICO today and the admin couselor told me that I was admitted to the class of 2008. I am so excited :hardy::D I hardly know what to do with this information. The only thing I was a reapplicant and they didn't call me for an interview, so now I am getting paranoid that what if they looked at the wrong file? :scared:

I called ICO today too.. and I've been accepted!! :) :) :)

They said they met late last week and that the letter will go out today. Those of you still waiting, your answer may be on the way.

Saloo... you didn't interview? Wow!

I know, that's what is making me weary!

Hey saloo and ServeEyes, what admission counsellor did you talk to to find out if you were accepted? I'm wondering if I should call to find out about my application. Anyone know when they meet? If it's weekly or biweekly?

I just received a letter in the mail today stating that I got accepted as well!! For those of you still waiting, you will probably get something in the mail by this weekend.

I called ICO today and the admin couselor told me that I was admitted to the class of 2008. I am so excited :hardy::D I hardly know what to do with this information. The only thing I was a reapplicant and they didn't call me for an interview, so now I am getting paranoid that what if they looked at the wrong file? :scared:

Did you interview last year when you applied? If you did, maybe you didn't get in because of your academics and did well on your interview last year. Maybe they didn't feel the need to interview you again if you did well and they were just waiting on improvements in other areas? This is interesting.. I wish you the best! I'd call and double check.

for those of you that got accepted to ico, when did you interview? I was there on monday march 10th and at the interview they told me that the committee was meeting on thursday and and that i would get my decision letter either tuesday or wednesday. today is friday and i have not received anything in the mail! i called admissions yesterday and they told me that met that morning and that i would receive my letter next week. wtf!!! im so sick of waiting, and they basically lied! anyone know wat is goin on?

i interviewed on Feb. 29th, and they also told me that the committee was meeting on March 13th. However, my letter of acceptance was dated March 17th, so they really didn't send out the letters until after the weekend (although during interviews they made it seem like we should have been expecting something that weekend or the following monday). Hang in there!

I got my letter the very next day so yes it wasn't a dream :D Yes, I did interview last year and my interview went really well. I was on their waiting list last year. I was just surprised that I didn't get an interview call this year but I am not complaining. :D

I found out today that ICO's class is already full. bummerrr

well I sure hope that's not true!

I'm a late applicant-I believe they had all my stuff in around late February and I just took the OAT about 3 weeks ago. Last week I got an email interview invite but the earliest date they were able to give me was april 8.

ICO is actually the only school I've applied to so I really hope I still have a decent chance.

I had called ICO and was told by someone in the admissions office, so I don't know why they would lie to me about their class being full. A close friend of mine who applied with a GPA of 3.7 and decent OAT scores/work exp. interviewed last month and she just found out she was waitlisted bc again, she was told their class is full. I'm not trying to be a bearer of bad news.. just telling you all what I was told.

I had called ICO and was told by someone in the admissions office, so I don't know why they would lie to me about their class being full. A close friend of mine who applied with a GPA of 3.7 and decent OAT scores/work exp. interviewed last month and she just found out she was waitlisted bc again, she was told their class is full. I'm not trying to be a bearer of bad news.. just telling you all what I was told.

That's strange... I called yesterday and was told 146/160 spots are filled.

I also called today and was told they have about 145/160. My interview is in a week.

does anybody know whether the committee is meeting up again in April...last round of intrviews at ICO?

Next meeting: April 17th
Class status: 161/160

I got my letter the very next day so yes it wasn't a dream :D Yes, I did interview last year and my interview went really well. I was on their waiting list last year. I was just surprised that I didn't get an interview call this year but I am not complaining. :D

Saloo, congrats! For re-applicants the admissions committee don't usually interview you for the second time. There's no need since they've already interview you last year. They just decide base on your improvements.

I'm giving up my seat so there's one more seat OPEN! :luck:

Congrats to all that got accepted!

I was interviewed april 8th and at that time the class was full. I was just informed by phone that I've been put on the accepted wait list (I called them).

I just received a letter from ICO Friday (4/25) (letter marked 4/18) saying I was accepted. Probably will turn it down to go to PCO though.

I will also be giving up my seat for you lovely people.

If they didn't reply to email you really need to call them. When I went for my interview a couple of weeks ago I remember them saying they're planning on interviewing through the first way of May so you may still have a chance.

Plus, I'm giving up my seat, very hard decision for me :(

where will you be going asmaka?
Have you heard about the chances of people on the accepted waitlist getting into ICO?