Still haven't heard from some schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doinmybest5840

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, am I the only one that has a few schools that still haven't made a peep? I think it's ridiculous that it is barely 3 days shy of the deadline and some schools don't even have the decency to have sent a rejection by now. I obviously know the outcome by this point (I knew it a long time ago, but that's irrelevant), but I would appreciate being officially notified like everybody else. That's just laziness. Besides, I wanted to have a big bonfire to burn all my rejections and I'm sick of waiting. :p

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. It is ridiculous not to get closure and know for sure that there is no hope. As of the end of my cycle a year ago in August, I never got a letter of rejection from two schools I applied to.

That's just plain rude. Those 4 schools have two days left to get it to me and then I'm sending emails to the schools. Sure, they probably won't respond or care, but they should know that what they're doing is not right.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you really sending a letter? I want to send one but I am worried to burn bridges for later in my career.
I had a top choice school at the beginning of the cycle that I even sent a letter of interest to hoping to get an interview and I still haven't heard anything. If i took the time to write a letter tell them why I love their school, they could at least tell me they are not considering me.

Yeah I'll send a letter. I won't be rude (even though they now have only 1 day to contact me), I'll just remind them of the cutoff date and the fact that I have yet to hear from them. I don't think it would necessarily burn bridges. The admissions office for the med school is not the same as what you probably go through when applying for residencies.

At this point, I don't care, they don't care - I'm moving on with my life. It's not like anyone has deluded themselves into receiving an interview invite 2 days before the acceptance deadline.