Still haven't heard yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4success

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard from many schools I applied to (ex. cornell etc), and was wondering if that basically means you won't get an interview, or if I should keep waiting and such. I know many of the decisions are given out in March, and so does that mean if I dont' get an invite in Jan/early Feb, basically, i'm at the bottom of the applicant pile? And what does it mean when they say they have reviewed your application, but it's on hold... anyone in the same situation or has everyone basically heard back from most places they applied to?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you were at the bottom you would have been rejected already. Worst case you can expect a rejection by March. I'm still waiting to hear from two schools.

there are several schools I haven't heard from and the rejections are slowly trickling in.

though I should also say that last time I applied I didn't get an interview invitation until January, and at least one person that interviewed with me that day (in February) was accepted and is now a MS2. so even late interviews are good, but I think it's time to consider alternate plans and reapplications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard from many schools I applied to (ex. cornell etc), and was wondering if that basically means you won't get an interview, or if I should keep waiting and such. I know many of the decisions are given out in March, and so does that mean if I dont' get an invite in Jan/early Feb, basically, i'm at the bottom of the applicant pile? And what does it mean when they say they have reviewed your application, but it's on hold... anyone in the same situation or has everyone basically heard back from most places they applied to?

Thanks! :)

i've hear crickets from 10 of 22 schools since july completion.

*sigh*
i'm'a start brainstorming for future plans then....
maybe there's an opening for garbage pickup... or maybe bottle collecting and then driving up to maine :p
>.< i've got 8 still under review T____T

there are several schools I haven't heard from and the rejections are slowly trickling in.

though I should also say that last time I applied I didn't get an interview invitation until January, and at least one person that interviewed with me that day (in February) was accepted and is now a MS2. so even late interviews are good, but I think it's time to consider alternate plans and reapplications.

any post that includes the words "the last time i applied" cannot be filled with happy news.

uhhh except the part where I gave a great example of how someone got accepted from a February interview.

there are a zillion stories about "someone" on SDN. unless the someone is YOU, it's meaningless to me.