Still holding multiple acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do u guys know when is the deadline for holding more than once acceptance? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This Thursday man!

Members don't see this ad :)
its approaching! Drop those extra acceptances like a hot iron (will be so hard to do though!)

its approaching! Drop those extra acceptances like a hot iron (will be so hard to do though!)

Very hard. I dropped all but two, and even though I've "made up my mind" I still can't drop the other one yet. It's a virtual tie, really.

How did you guys go about dropping your acceptances? Phone call? Email? Letter?

Is it sufficient just to contact the school you're withdrawing from, or is it important to give AMCAS a little talking-to also?

does being indecisive mean ill be a lousy ER doc?

This may have been answered in another thread, but what happens if you hold more than 1 acceptance after May 15th?

Haha, after I overcame my paranoia about dropping the other schools, I became paranoid that the drop might not have gone through, and I'd still be somehow listed as accepted under two schools, and the school I did choose would drop me.

I think I've gone crazy. Yup.

please, please, please, we've been super patient (the waitlisters whose lives you hold in your hands). Drop your multiple acceptances. please, please, please.

please, please, please, we've been super patient (the waitlisters whose lives you hold in your hands). Drop your multiple acceptances. please, please, please.

calm down...you're probably going to have to wait until after the 15th to hear from your waitlist anyway.

yeah no kidding I'm going to have to wait, but you're seriously telling me that you need more time to decide which school to go to, and you're complaining about that choice?

I'm perfectly calm, I'm just asking if people could please get it over with.

yeah no kidding I'm going to have to wait. but you're seriously telling me that you need more time to decide which school to go to? and your complaining about that choice?

and I'm perfectly calm. I'm just asking if people could please get it over with.

1) Really, my point is that you are implicating yourself in people's decisions when they have no effect on you. You won't hear until after the 15th, which is when people are madated to have made a decision, so why do you care if they decide on the 12th or the 14th?

2) Generally, people who say "please, please, please" multiple times in the same phrase are not being calm.

Good luck getting off your waitlist!

1) True. I just want something to happen.
2) I was kind of kidding and I didn't use caps or exclamation points.

thanks

Very hard. I dropped all but two, and even though I've "made up my mind" I still can't drop the other one yet. It's a virtual tie, really.

Same with me, I'm thinking I do my best work under pressure so...

Some of us are NOT patient. For those holding multiple acceptances, drop them! What's a few more days staring at a few letters going to tell you that you haven't already figured out during the last few months? You already know where you want to go, so just admit it and give us waitlisters a chance to figure our near futures out. Also, I would think most accepted applicants aren't stupid enough to hold multiples past 5/15. You could very well lose ALL your spots.

Some of us are NOT patient. For those holding multiple acceptances, drop them! What's a few more days staring at a few letters going to tell you that you haven't already figured out during the last few months? You already know where you want to go, so just admit it and give us waitlisters a chance to figure our near futures out. Also, I would think most accepted applicants aren't stupid enough to hold multiples past 5/15. You could very well lose ALL your spots.

Relax, dude. Regardless of what anyone here does between now and the deadline on the 15th, you are extremely unlikely to hear anything until after that date. Hence, it really isn't your problem when people drop their acceptances this week.

I agree. :thumbup:

okay i dropped mine and now instantly regret it...does anyone know how i can find out if an email was received? I know its ridiculous...but my instant regret hit like a frying pan to the temple