Still no visa...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Off2Oz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else in my "still no student visa" boat?

Flight's not for another 2 weeks, and it's been 3 weeks since I was finalised.

I'm getting nervous.. :scared:

(This is the part where all you current students reply saying there's nothing to worry about. Do it. Now.)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it...

The Australian High Commission in Ottawa has an incredible ability for making people wait on their visas and then pulling through at the last minute. I think it's one of their ways of making sure that people really want to go to Australia. :) Also, this is one of the busiest times of year for the Australian High Commission because of the number of people needing visas (student/business/tourist). I remember waiting for my student visa to come through last year before heading down for first year; the wait was awful.

Also, there are other things that I reckon you would want to focus on, such as getting address books together, spending time with friends and family and the like. Once again, don't worry. :)

DocVeev said:
Don't worry about it...

The Australian High Commission in Ottawa has an incredible ability for making people wait on their visas and then pulling through at the last minute. I think it's one of their ways of making sure that people really want to go to Australia. :) Also, this is one of the busiest times of year for the Australian High Commission because of the number of people needing visas (student/business/tourist). I remember waiting for my student visa to come through last year before heading down for first year; the wait was awful.

Also, there are other things that I reckon you would want to focus on, such as getting address books together, spending time with friends and family and the like. Once again, don't worry. :)

DocVeev, I have 3 words for you:

Awesome. Thank. You.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I think my case is worse since I still have my application on hands. I can't send it yet as I am still waiting for tuition payment receipt from Auckland and HIV/Syphilis test result from gov't labs here in Canada :(
Holidays are great but what a timing trying to collect all the documents.

The NZ student visa process takes 4-6 weeks plus the new rule that came out on November 28, 2005 requiring all long-term students pass medical clearance (all possible blood tests and chest x-ray). And end of November was when I got my admission letter!

Anyways, just wondering is there anybody else in the same boat for NZ?

Did you check their website, using your personal reference # and passport # whether you have a visa or not? The fact that you didn't get an email stating that your visa application was approved doesn't mean you didn't get it.
Good luck,
-lk

santa_claus said:
Did you check their website, using your personal reference # and passport # whether you have a visa or not? The fact that you didn't get an email stating that your visa application was approved doesn't mean you didn't get it.
Good luck,
-lk

Yep, incessantly checking. Still "processing"..

I got my renewed passport back in the mail the day before I flew out here. Good times.

pitman said:
I got my renewed passport back in the mail the day before I flew out here. Good times.

haha.. Yeah, I think I remember someone on this forum saying their visa came through a few hours before they left for the airport. You guys must have been wearing diapers (I'd have needed them).

However, mine just came along in an email, so I'm outta the club!

=)

Off2Oz said:
haha.. Yeah, I think I remember someone on this forum saying their visa came through a few hours before they left for the airport. You guys must have been wearing diapers (I'd have needed them).

However, mine just came along in an email, so I'm outta the club!

=)

Just got mine too hang in there guys....

Well I never got an email!...and yet on the immi website it says I got a visa. Should I worry?
-lk

what am i doing back here? i'm bored because...

...i don't have a visa either!

santa, i once missed a month of undergrad cos my visa paperwork was buggered, and they didn't bother to send me an email either... but i did get the visa! if it says so on the web page, you got one.

grrrr. it would be nice if i could at least APPLY for a visa, but i still don't even have a stinkin CoE from monash... grrrr, grrr! slow administration! immigration paperwork does not fall into the no worries category! slap!