Still Not Verified!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessz79

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does it take AMCAS to verify your application? I sent mine in Sept 19, and my application is still sitting in its system, waiting to be verified!

Am I being impatient or does it really take this long?

I'm still waiting for 9 more secondaries (those schools send secondaries to all applicants) to be sent to me and I'm beginning to believe that they won't be mailed until AMCAS verifies.

Frustrated. Very frustrated.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted in late July and it took over a month. I would guess with a later submittal, it will take even longer. A few more weeks?

My advice is to make sure that all of your secondaries are in. If you don't have a secondary for a school, get it from someone else and complete the time consuming sections. When you AMCAS gets verified, you can then get your file complete within days.

Originally posted by jessz79
How long does it take AMCAS to verify your application? I sent mine in Sept 19, and my application is still sitting in its system, waiting to be verified!

Am I being impatient or does it really take this long?

It could be 6 weeks for verification at this point, I'm guessing. The laters apps take longer to be verified because they're far back in the queue.

the same thing happened to me.
it took about two months for me to be verified. you need to call the AAMC IMMEDIATELY and find out what is happening with your account. they make mistakes all the time and don't update the status. with mine, they had a problem with one of my transcripts which i had to resend. but they never notified me. i bet i would still be waiting to be verified if i had not called at least once a day for two weeks.
another tip if you can't get anywhere with the help desk is to call the verification supervisor. find out people's names. you can get their phone numbers from the directory listing on the AAMC website. it may take some finageling to find it, but it is worth it!!
good luck, and don't let them blow you off until your stuff is verified!!!!!!