Still on a waitlist and re-applying. What are the rules?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cozminator

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on a couple of waitlists, and I am ready to send out my AMCAS application again.

What are the rules according to AMCAS?

What are the rules according to schools?

If I re-apply through AMCAS to one of the schools where I am on the waitlist, will that automatically bump me off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

To be fair, the search functions on the forums are terrible. I almost never find anything useful from it.

However, I don't know the answer so i can't help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each application year is COMPLETELY independent of each other. You applied for 2008, but got off the waiting list for 2007, you have just made a nice donation to AMCAS (though I am sure you won't mind too much).

I just got off a waitlist, but I too had already submitted the AMCAS 2008 app. You'll get a refund from all the schools you applied to, but the $160 AMCAS-specific app fee is nonrefundable.

I just got off a waitlist, but I too had already submitted the AMCAS 2008 app. You'll get a refund from all the schools you applied to, but the $160 AMCAS-specific app fee is nonrefundable.

Refund for secondaries that you had submitted or primary?