Still Possible to get into Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSX JDM Integra

DMD, MS
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently going for Pre-Dent or Pre-Optometry and now I'm stuck in a dilemma because I really want to go for Medical School.

You guys would probably know this better than I do since you are Pre-Med students. I know that I have a chance for Pre-Dent or Pre-Optometry but as far as my GPA goes, to get into medical school, I'm a little weary. My cum GPA is currently 3.045 with 73 semester hours. My science GPA is 2.9+ but I know this might not be enough for medical school. I have a C+ in Anatomy and Physiology Lab I, C in General Chemistry II, C+ in Physics I, C in Physics II, and D+ in Organic Chemistry I. I must retake Organic Chemistry I. But I was afraid that these grades here, were not going to get me into medical school and that I will be doomed.

I really love medicine from what I did or saw from my shadowing and rotations. It moved me and motivated me because I saw people who were sick and needed assistance and just seeing the look on their face after they have been treated makes you know that you did something good in your life for people. And I want to do good.

- Does anybody out there know anyone who's gotten into medical school with a few C's and or retaken a class with a D+ or lower? And if so, what was their GPA and MCAT. I want and need the hope.:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, people have gotten in "with a few C's," but they also had a lot of A's to make up for it. If you've got a 3.0 with 73 credits, you have a massive uphill climb to get even to a 3.5, the threshold I would recommend for applying to med school. That means you really need to get your act in gear to get a whole lot of A's, which means you need to re-evaluate how you are doing things, because it's not working out now.

you can still apply and you can still get in. People get into medical school with UNDER 3.0 GPA's. I personally know 2 people that got into competative schools with those GPAs this round. I know a kid that got into columbia with a 2.9. It might not happen often but you have to make the decision that it's whatyou want no matter what. Have faith in yourself and be confident. If it's what you want, go for it. Naysayers will always diswade you....but they arent on the admissions committees.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a kid that got into columbia with a 2.9.
This either:

1. Never happened
2. Was his undergrad GPA, and he went on to get a masters or PhD with high grades.

Everybody on SDN "knows a guy." Unfortunately, they all know the same guy, so the odds are TINY.

If you are getting straight Cs in pre-rec classes, how are you going to make it in medical school. Sorry for being a gunner, but i would save your money.

This either:

1. Never happened
2. Was his undergrad GPA, and he went on to get a masters or PhD with high grades.

Everybody on SDN "knows a guy." Unfortunately, they all know the same guy, so the odds are TINY.

You forgot the most probable one of all
3. Was a URM

If you are getting straight Cs in pre-rec classes, how are you going to make it in medical school. Sorry for being a gunner, but i would save your money.

Who said I was getting straight C's? Getting into medical school doesn't mean you need to hail with all A's. And my GPA is a 3.0 so how is that straight C's? Straight C average would fall somewhere in the low 2 area. Sorry for being a gunner but how are you on the forums if you can't read?

I feel like GPA and LORs, and MCAT, personal state, it's all ways to improve your odds anyways.

Like people who work with hedge funds, there can be mathematical models that give you a better dice roll in getting yourself in. The whole process, from my exposure to my friend's experience, is all about odds.

you hear about those "horror" stories of people not getting in anywhere with a 4.0 and 40 MCAT, and those "crazY" success stories about people with 2.9 who get in.

Those are probably the minority of people, these stories are just driven by sensationalism. In the end, if you got good letters (because profs want to help you if they say they will write you a good one), worked hard in ECs, write a good but may not be exciting PS, and have a 3.5 and a 33-35, hey you'll get in somewhere, no worries, so long as you apply broadly and early.

Good luck! if you want to do what you want, it'll just take longer if you mess up a few times. I want to empower you with the confidence that you'll get through anything (given a grain a salt of course, you'll need to work VERY hard).

While it is possible to get into medical school with a sub 3.0 GPA, generally those people have stellar MCAT scores and have had to do a post-bac/SMP (after college programs) that can take from anywhere from 1-2 years (often more)

From here on out you need to improve your grades or be prepared to spend years after college trying to repair a terrible transcript. In rare cases you will spend only 1 year after college but in those cases it is a high risk, last-ditch effort. Take it from me, I graduated with a 2.8 GPA. It took me only 1 year doing an SMP to get in, but had I not done so well in that program I would have ruined my chances of ever going to medical school. Once you rack up a lot of credits, trying to improve a terrible GPA takes a lot of time.

Retake all classes you go a D in. If you are not a bio or chem major (ie you are not going to be taking high level bio and chem courses) you should retake all pre-recs that you got a C or below in.

Note that dental school is not markedly easier to get into than medical school. Your grades, as they stand now, will not cut it for dental school either.

My cum GPA is currently 3.045 with 73 semester hours. My science GPA is 2.9+ but I know this might not be enough for medical school. I have a C+ in Anatomy and Physiology Lab I, C in General Chemistry II, C+ in Physics I, C in Physics II, and D+ in Organic Chemistry I. I must retake Organic Chemistry I.

- Does anybody out there know anyone who's gotten into medical school with a few C's and or retaken a class with a D+ or lower? And if so, what was their GPA and MCAT. I want and need the hope.:cool:

That IS a good amount of C's, but it's ok. Of course 'people' get in all the time with things that no one would believe mostly for reasons indicated by prowler and munna. That's why averages are averages.

Anyways, if you want some hope/encouragement regarding low GPA's, getting C's, W's etc, and getting into med school:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=330829
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=386187

Those are two recent threads that come to mind. Do a search, I'm sure there are even more out there.

My advice: Rock the MCAT and that will help a lot (pre-reqs fairly important here). Balance out your app with the proper ECs. If you are up to it, maybe do an MS to help that GPA.

EDIT: I agree with instate to retake the classes that you can. An averaged grade is better than a 'D'.

Perfectly possible to get into a Med School. I know a guy with a couple of Fs on his transcript in Stanford Med and yes he is Latino.

Your transcript is going to give you a huge uphill battle. You need at least a 3.5 to be competitive (and that's a 3.5 Science GPA and 3.5 overall). You can probably calculate how many As you need to get your GPA up to this level. So you would need As from now on. Also you would need to rock the MCAT (aim for a 33 or so, as you also want to try and show the schools that they're very smart and serious and that earlier GPAs were due to whatever) and have all the other standard pre-reqs.

You might also want to consider applying more heavily for DO instead of MD programs. No offense to DO people, I think OOM is pretty cool and they got a good philosophy. But DO programs are also much less competitive than the standard MD program.

For the record, I know quite a few people who meet your #2 above (and are not URM). Not necessarilly masters/PhD, but extensive postbac grade rehabilitation. It also helps if the poor undergraduate record was remote -- i.e. you haven't received anything below an A this decade.

For the record, I know quite a few people who meet your #2 above (and are not URM). Not necessarilly masters/PhD, but extensive postbac grade rehabilitation. It also helps if the poor undergraduate record was remote -- i.e. you haven't received anything below an A this decade.

I think everyone does know SOMEONE with some success story. Being instate at places at helps too (minus CA). I think the main point here, is to BE THAT PERSON, the one with not so great stats but used perseverance ('grade rehab', extensive EC's, applying a decade later, etc) to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who said I was getting straight C's? Getting into medical school doesn't mean you need to hail with all A's. And my GPA is a 3.0 so how is that straight C's? Straight C average would fall somewhere in the low 2 area. Sorry for being a gunner but how are you on the forums if you can't read?

Calm down and read what he said. He wrote "Pre-rec" courses. That means your science GPA. If yours is 2.9, yeah that would be considered a C+ average.

First you need to figure out what the hell you are doing wrong in your studying. Fix it, and then do an SMP or Masters where you are challenged with lots of science coursework. Rock the MCAT, and then I think you might have a chance. I had a 3.2 cumulative with a 3.0 science, but I did decent on MCAT and completely blew my biochem/mol bio masters program out of the water.

Ok Integra, I said that you have straight Cs in pre-rec classes which is what you listed in your original post. I am sorry you dont know how to read my post, and I am sorry for your inferiority complex. Have fun spending four years in the Caribbean.

Sorry that is a little mean, but good luck.

Calm down and read what he said. He wrote "Pre-rec" courses. That means your science GPA. If yours is 2.9, yeah that would be considered a C+ average.

This is what is going to make an adcomm weary about the OP. Some of my medschool classes require a 75 average to pass, and they are much much harder than your undergrad coursework because the volume increases exponentially. So if the OP can't get a B average in easier coursework, its doubtful that they would be able to get a C in harder coursework. I know many a smart person who has failed or come really really close to failing a medschool course who came in with much stronger BCM averages than a 2.9.

Is it possible to get in with what you've got now? With a strong MCAT maaaybe. There are some schools that won't look at your app because you are below their cutoffs however. With your current stats and the assumption of a decent MCAT (which is questionable with the OPs record) I think DO would be a much more likely fate and something worth looking into since you still end up as a physician. With a strong postbacc and a strong MCAT, MD could definitely happen. I agree though that before any of these decisions are made the you need to figure out what you are doing wrong in your science courses because taking the MCAT or a postbac would be a waste of time and money until the studying issues are resolved.

You need to take a hard look at your study strategie and change them. Does your school have an academic assistance department which can help you with this? if yes ,then take advantage, even if you have to pay. The comments you have recieved so far may seem harsh, but you need to realistically appraise your habits. If you want the A's necessary to bump that 2.9 to a 3.5, you're going to have to take a lot more classes, which means a couple more years in school. In your PS you will also need to give a reason for why your early performance was poor with respect to susbsequent efforts. You might want to cite your SDN colleagues in your PS ;)

That IS a good amount of C's, but it's ok. Of course 'people' get in all the time with things that no one would believe mostly for reasons indicated by prowler and munna. That's why averages are averages.

Anyways, if you want some hope/encouragement regarding low GPA's, getting C's, W's etc, and getting into med school:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=330829
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=386187

Those are two recent threads that come to mind. Do a search, I'm sure there are even more out there.

My advice: Rock the MCAT and that will help a lot (pre-reqs fairly important here). Balance out your app with the proper ECs. If you are up to it, maybe do an MS to help that GPA.

EDIT: I agree with instate to retake the classes that you can. An averaged grade is better than a 'D'.
Damn, you beat me to it. I wanted to be the first to say it, but you beat me to the punch. I would have to say pulling C's in your science classes doesn't bode well for "rocking the MCAT" though.

I am currently going for Pre-Dent or Pre-Optometry and now I'm stuck in a dilemma because I really want to go for Medical School.

You guys would probably know this better than I do since you are Pre-Med students. I know that I have a chance for Pre-Dent or Pre-Optometry but as far as my GPA goes, to get into medical school, I'm a little weary. My cum GPA is currently 3.045 with 73 semester hours. My science GPA is 2.9+ but I know this might not be enough for medical school. I have a C+ in Anatomy and Physiology Lab I, C in General Chemistry II, C+ in Physics I, C in Physics II, and D+ in Organic Chemistry I. I must retake Organic Chemistry I. But I was afraid that these grades here, were not going to get me into medical school and that I will be doomed.

I really love medicine from what I did or saw from my shadowing and rotations. It moved me and motivated me because I saw people who were sick and needed assistance and just seeing the look on their face after they have been treated makes you know that you did something good in your life for people. And I want to do good.

I think with your grades it's going to be an uphill battle, but not impossible. You'll probably want to do a post-bacc and get the best grades you can. Also, work as hard as you can to do well on the MCAT. I've found myself saying this a lot recently, but I'll say it again: if one part of your app is subpar, the others parts better be excellent.

In regards to the bolded part, that's not unique to medicine. You can get that feeling from almost any of the health care fields.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it's exceedingly rare for a good post-bacc to make up for a poor undergrad, but I did mean that a poor GPA (a 2.9 getting into med school) with no redeeming factors is definitely rare.

People definitely screw around in undergrad, realize the error of their ways, do well in a post-bacc situation, and get accepted to medical school. This is definitely not the preferable method, but it will suffice in a pinch. ;)

Damn, you beat me to it. I wanted to be the first to say it, but you beat me to the punch. I would have to say pulling C's in your science classes doesn't bode well for "rocking the MCAT" though.
It wasn't emphatic enough.

rawk the MCATs, bro!

Just get a 38+ and you'll be totally golden, no problems whatsoever.

Jeez bro. It's very rare to get into med school with a 3.0 unless you have some type of explanation. Ie: I played on the baseball team, worked full time and double over time to take care of my family, etc.

Whether or not you decide to pursue medicine, make sure you pull your grades up. This is necessary for any health professional school (optometry, dentistry, medicine, whatever). Actually no matter what you do, whether it be a regular job or med school, a good GPA is always going to help.

To be blunt, you're wasting your time if you dive into applying for med school right now. What I suggest you do is pull up your grades starting this second (are you a soph,jr,sr?) and then go from there. Like the others said, if you really really want medicine, go ahead and enroll in a post-bacc program and do well in it. This is your best bet.

Many others have been in your position. People make mistakes. It's hard to dedicate your life to good grades and medicine at age 18, you know? So what, you messed around a little bit and didn't get straight As. Just work hard now and make it up. Good luck

haha. agreed. hence the parentheses after 'rock the MCAT'...

P.S. you can have the next one :laugh:

It wasn't emphatic enough.

yours could have been more emphatic too... add maybe some rhyming like:

rawk the MCAT, brah! :thumbup:

EDIT: maybe not so much added emphasis but it sure makes it even more memorable ;)

Ok Integra, I said that you have straight Cs in pre-rec classes which is what you listed in your original post. I am sorry you dont know how to read my post, and I am sorry for your inferiority complex. Have fun spending four years in the Caribbean.

So are you indicating that M.Ds, who go to the Caribbean are horrible doctors or doctors that couldn't cut it in undergrads? It just so happens people go to the Caribbean but still take the exact same tests and boards any other doctors going to a prestigious school will take. Don't be an ass. Straight C's in pre-requisites huh? What about Microbiology, Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology, Molecular Cell Biology, Human Morphology, Genetics, ect? I DO apologize that you cannot read a post either because your inferiority seems to be a quantitative assumption that people who get a "some" C's automatically becomes ruled as Straight C's in pre-requisites. And by any means, if I don't get into medical school, oh well. I can still attend many other branches in medicine.

Dude, havent you heard dentistry is better than medicine?

So are you indicating that M.Ds, who go to the Caribbean are horrible doctors or doctors that couldn't cut it in undergrads? It just so happens people go to the Caribbean but still take the exact same tests and boards any other doctors going to a prestigious school will take. Don't be an ass. Straight C's in pre-requisites huh? What about Microbiology, Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology, Molecular Cell Biology, Human Morphology, Genetics, ect? I DO apologize that you cannot read a post either because your inferiority seems to be a quantitative assumption that people who get a "some" C's automatically becomes ruled as Straight C's in pre-requisites. And by any means, if I don't get into medical school, oh well. I can still attend many other branches in medicine.

Hey, and so do the kids at StewartMed! Why don't you just go there. you could get in and out in 2.5 years, without even bothering with the silly MCAT!
www.stewartmed.org

Yeah so from the replies I already know what I'm going to do.

If I retake Organic Chemistry I, I'm going to shoot for that A since I'm holding an A in Organic Chemistry II now. Our school lets us use a forgiveness policy but sending my transcript to medical schools, I don't know if they will allow that policy. The forgiveness in Organic Chemistry will push me up to a 3.2 GPA and a 3.1 Science GPA.

After this semester and retaking Organic, with the course load I'm taking, (14 credits w/ all A's and 1 B) I anticipate a 3.3 average by Fall of 07

Hey, and so do the kids at StewartMed! Why don't you just go there. you could get in and out in 2.5 years, without even bothering with the silly MCAT!
www.stewartmed.org

OMG Really?! OH GOSH! I REALLY SHOULD! haha, its in New Scotland. Anyways, I'm going to pursue medical schools within the country.

Dude, havent you heard dentistry is better than medicine?
I don't believe any profession in the health branch to be "better" than any other branch. I just really consider the lifestyle of them.

I hate to break it to you, pal, but your chances of getting into dental school aren't a heck of a lot better than they are of getting into medical school. How do I know? DocHolliday, D.D.S. at your service.

A post-bac program would prob help with the GPA situation, if you still feel it is too low when you graduate.

So are you indicating that M.Ds, who go to the Caribbean are horrible doctors or doctors that couldn't cut it in undergrads? It just so happens people go to the Caribbean but still take the exact same tests and boards any other doctors going to a prestigious school will take. Don't be an ass.
People don't go to the Caribbean unless they were unable to get into a medical school in the United States. The schools in the Carib are definitely challenging, and that's why a lot of people flunk out, like a girl I actually know. The classes are huge, and they weed people out in a hurry so that they have good Step 1 pass rates. A doctor who got into a prestigious school in the US is either (a. naturally smarter (b. harder working (c. both than someone who goes to school in the Carib. That's not being an ass; that's just being honest.

This either:

1. Never happened

Yeah usually the people who get in with a 3.0 or low GPA did a postbac or masters or other graduate school in hard core sciences and did well.

Or they showed an upper trend in the remainder of undergrad.

Additionally most of those people have severly crazy great MCAT scores that are in the upper end of bell curve.

If I retake Organic Chemistry I, I'm going to shoot for that A since I'm holding an A in Organic Chemistry II now. Our school lets us use a forgiveness policy but sending my transcript to medical schools, I don't know if they will allow that policy. The forgiveness in Organic Chemistry will push me up to a 3.2 GPA and a 3.1 Science GPA.

After this semester and retaking Organic, with the course load I'm taking, (14 credits w/ all A's and 1 B) I anticipate a 3.3 average by Fall of 07

No, forgiveness rules don't apply with the AMCAS. In addition to proving you can do well in a certain pre-req course and learning the material, this is the reason I mentioned:

I agree with instate to retake the classes that you can. An averaged grade is better than a 'D'.

Thus, if you repeat any courses-- your institution's calculated GPA will NOT be the same as your AMCAS calculated GPA.

However, I believe that the AACOMAS only utilizes the new grade in GPA calculations.

While it is possible to get into medical school with a sub 3.0 GPA, generally those people have stellar MCAT scores and have had to do a post-bac/SMP (after college programs) that can take from anywhere from 1-2 years (often more)

From here on out you need to improve your grades or be prepared to spend years after college trying to repair a terrible transcript. In rare cases you will spend only 1 year after college but in those cases it is a high risk, last-ditch effort. Take it from me, I graduated with a 2.8 GPA. It took me only 1 year doing an SMP to get in, but had I not done so well in that program I would have ruined my chances of ever going to medical school. Once you rack up a lot of credits, trying to improve a terrible GPA takes a lot of time.

Retake all classes you go a D in. If you are not a bio or chem major (ie you are not going to be taking high level bio and chem courses) you should retake all pre-recs that you got a C or below in.

Note that dental school is not markedly easier to get into than medical school. Your grades, as they stand now, will not cut it for dental school either.
I completely agree. As you are applying, you need to try to enter the mind of the admissions committee. One of the biggest things a member on the admission committee is worried about is that they work really hard to get someone in with lower stats, and then that person ends up not being able to handle the medical school course work and drops out. Immediately, that member's judgment takes a hit, and they may not be listened to the next time. So they are very wary when accepting people, because they want to keep their spot on the committee. With that being said, your GPA will certainly be a problem for you. Rather than wasting your money on AMCAS and secondaries, I suggest that you do a post-bac program. Remember that the admissions committee wants to be certain that you can handle their medical school coursework, and at this point, your GPA doesn't bespeak this. So by doing a post-bac program and doing well ( 3.6 GPA +), you can prove to them that you can handle medical school coursework, and it will greatly...GREATLY increase your chances when you apply. As for MCAT, always shoot for 30+; some get in with lower, but not many. Check out the following forum for more info on post-bac programs, and PM braluk if you want to ask some pointed questions about them:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

My cum GPA is currently 3.045 with 73 semester hours. My science GPA is 2.9+ but I know this might not be enough for medical school. I have a C+ in Anatomy and Physiology Lab I, C in General Chemistry II, C+ in Physics I, C in Physics II, and D+ in Organic Chemistry I. I must retake Organic Chemistry I. But I was afraid that these grades here, were not going to get me into medical school and that I will be doomed.

I predict that you will soon "fall in love" with the DO philosophy.:laugh:

In all seriousness, you should go the DO route.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh, no you didn't....

...He's already fooling himself into loving the Caribbean.

Yeah so from the replies I already know what I'm going to do.

The forgiveness in Organic Chemistry will push me up to a 3.2 GPA and a 3.1 Science GPA.

I don't mean to be mean. I have nothing against you and I wish you the best of luck. However, I have to think you've not read this board very much if you think people here are going to consider a 3.2 a "step up." If SDN were the entire applicant pool, the national average MCAT would be 36 and the average GPA 3.9. The people who worked their already intelligent asses off to get those scores are going to respond from the mindset of "you're either lazier or less intelligent than I am."

I think most SDN posts are rage against four+ years of working too hard so that we can work too hard for the rest of our lives.

This either:

1. Never happened

no, both wrong.

A: he went to a top virginia university and graduated 2 years ago. never did any post bac work, or postgrad work. his bcpm was slightly higher but nothing to write home about (3.2)
B: he had an MCAT score of 33.
C: doesnt matter if you believe me or not...the post wasnt for you. I'm not gonna put his name out.

it's terribly naive to think everyone that get's into medschool has a 3.5 and a 30. that's an average, so they take people on both ends of the spectrum. obviously you have a slim shot if you dip around a 3.0. but it can happen and has happened. if you an admissions committee believe yous will make a good doctor they will SOMETIMES look past lower scores. it happens.

This either:

1. Never happened

Oh, and there's always "my dad went to yale and his dad went to yale and his dad went to yale and they were all doctors and oh yeah, a building on campus is named after my family." What do we really think the "Did either of your parents attend the University of (blah)?" questions on secondaries are for?

Aww, c'mon. Palm trees, sandy beaches, gentle breezes...

There are times when I wonder whether I should chuck all this US Allo stuff and go Caribb, myself! Or at least, head for the pristine beaches of Stewart U. :love:

Aww, c'mon. Palm trees, sandy beaches, gentle breezes...

There are times when I wonder whether I should chuck all this US Allo stuff and go Caribb, myself! Or at least, head for the pristine beaches of Stewart U. :love:
Ventura is interesting, but not the nicest area. Although most of the Porn produced in the US comes out of the nearby SFV, if you're into that sort of thing...

no, both wrong.

A: he went to a top virginia university and graduated 2 years ago. never did any post bac work, or postgrad work. his bcpm was slightly higher but nothing to write home about (3.2)
B: he had an MCAT score of 33.
C: doesnt matter if you believe me or not...the post wasnt for you. I'm not gonna put his name out.

it's terribly naive to think everyone that get's into medschool has a 3.5 and a 30. that's an average, so they take people on both ends of the spectrum. obviously you have a slim shot if you dip around a 3.0. but it can happen and has happened. if you an admissions committee believe yous will make a good doctor they will SOMETIMES look past lower scores. it happens.
Yeah, I'm so naive.

Your friend probably had an upward trend and/or some good explanation for low grades early on, which is an understandable reason to take someone with a lower GPA. nevertheless, it's counterproductive, IMO, to give stories like this to people who they probably won't apply to. MOST PEOPLE with low grades don't get into med school. Period.

Yeah, I'm so naive.

Your friend probably had an upward trend and/or some good explanation for low grades early on, which is an understandable reason to take someone with a lower GPA. nevertheless, it's counterproductive, IMO, to give stories like this to people who they probably won't apply to. MOST PEOPLE with low grades don't get into med school. Period.

Blasphemy? What if they have killer ECs and stellar LORs (unlike everyone else, of course)? Oh come on Prowler, everyone knows that trends and correlations have nothing to say about the application processs. It's all about anecdotal evidence, duh :rolleyes:

it's okay...let's all just be happy.

...it's all subjective (admissions).

...improve your grades.

...show strong interest.

...know you're chances are lower than most people but improve all other aspects of app and you may not HAVE to do a postbac. just be prepared to go that rout if it doesnt work out

GOODLUCK!

How come your grades are so low? I mean you have to ask yourself that question. I'd say Medical school is still possible. People get in with 3.0 GPAs but only after doing exemplary post-bacc work.

lol, you spend too much time working on your car for your GPA to improve enough by the time you graduate. I'm actually kinda serious here, I remember when I was into cars (had a Civic Si and all), and I'd spend most of my time on car forums (as opposed to SDN).

Seriously, when you have more posts at SDN than you do at whatever car forums you're on (clubrsx?), and you don't think about your car and think about your classes and grades instead, you might be able to pull your GPA up enough for med school.

Anyways, I guess I was kinda lucky in this respect in that my car ended up being totaled, and I realized that I had to grow the hell up and buy a regular car I wouldn't obsess over, and that I'd probably drive more responsibly.

Seriously, I used to put an obscene amount of time into thinking about my car...if only I had put that kinda effort into orgo, I'd probably have gotten much better orgo grades (B- and a C+). Too much time spent reading about Borla and not enough about Bohr (ok ok that's not really an orgo thing but it's the best car tuner and chemistry joke I could think up on the fly ok?).

there's nothing wrong going into the DO route. I don't know why people bash on DO's or other fields of practice
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh, no you didn't....

:Dvery funny

I don't know why people on here love bashing on other people who are simply asking a question. You guys are future doctors and are supposed to help people but instead you give them a hard time. What are you going to do when you actually work with a patient that has a problem? Tell them bluntly that they will not make it past life? Come on now.

Straight C's in pre-requisites huh? What about Microbiology, Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology, Molecular Cell Biology, Human Morphology, Genetics, ect?

I hate to break it to you, but of all the classes you mentioned above, the only one that is a prerequisite for med school is Biology. None of the others are pre-reqs. They're just science classes.

You have C's in three of the pre-reqs and a D in another. You have a major uphill climb. End of story. You were given great advice in this thread, so quit lashing out at people.