still possible to write the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mauve

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i recently started thinking about writing the american DAT. but i don't know how late my apps would end up getting to the school for 2011 entry. things to consider:

-I finished my undergrad program this past June after 5 years and I would really like to start in 2011 because I don't want to delay any more time.
-I'm a canadian, and if I write the canadian DAT in Nov (the Canadian dat takes place 2x a year: Feb and Nov) would that be too late? At least if I write the canadian one, I can be considered for american and canadian schools but writing the american DAT would limit me to US applications only. My American DAT would probably be in Oct at this point since I have no preparation yet and this is based on following the DAT study schedule posted
-I did write the Canadian DAT a few years ago and my scores were avg (around 17; i have to look for the letter with the exact #)

is there a chance i can write the test, and send my apps for entry next year?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian as well =)

I would recommend writing the Canadian DAT first and doing really well on it. Application for Canadian Dental schools aren't even out yet...

Yes, I guess Nov will be really late for writing the DAT but you could pull off interviews at some schools if you have an awesome GPA!

Hope that helps...