Still think the PAT is difficult?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fariba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wish I could just borrow the right side of this man's brain.

Scroll down to the section on 3d illusion. Its incredible!

http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

Members don't see this ad.

Djapprentice said:
LOL, you're funny, are you a psych major by any chance Fariba?

no, i have a degree in human biology. why you ask? - is it because i used the term "right brain?" :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how distorted this looks like in real life when you're not looking at it from an angle.

jkh1886 said:
interesting stuff. so basically, to draw this... at the bottom, you draw the picture in scale. as you move to the top, you incrementally stretch the image.

wouldn't it be the reverse? bottom big, top small? hmm..........i don't know..

:)

lintydent said:
wouldn't it be the reverse? bottom big, top small? hmm..........i don't know..

:)

no lintydent. compress the bottom (or keep it proportional), elongate the top incrementally. you're thinking mirror image!

WVUdental said:
this guy is doing drawings, the PAT is angles and counting of blocks, I don't see how the two are even comparable?

the pat is the "perceptual ability test"....doesn't it take perceptual ability to draw something like that? mm...

anyways..interesting to look at if anything.

WVUdental said:
this guy is doing drawings, the PAT is angles and counting of blocks, I don't see how the two are even comparable?

the PAT does not consist only of angles and counting blocks and although its not entirely comparable, the guy does need to manipulate the image in his mind to be able to make it seem three dimensional when he clicks a picture. that requires a good deal of perceptual ability.

WVUdental said:

LOL. I know that the PAT is not a drawing/art test... I just thought maybe you all would appreciate something like that. chill man... jeeeez :D

By the way, Fariba is a girl... not a boy. (I think I may have to get rid of my picture since it seems to cause a lot of confusion. lol.)

when r u going to take the damn test then?

Fariba said:
LOL. I know that the PAT is not a drawing/art test... I just thought maybe you all would appreciate something like that. chill man... jeeeez :D

By the way, Fariba is a girl... not a boy. (I think I may have to get rid of my picture since it seems to cause a lot of confusion. lol.)

Arsenalista said:
I agree - I'd go to her office any day of the week ;)

she looks like someone I know who doesnt shave their armpits.

WVUdental said:
she looks like someone I know who doesnt shave their armpits.

WVUdental, so far every thread that I have seen you in, you seem to try and pick a fight with someone. I'm not sure why you do that, but I must say that it is quite amusing.

My first instinct after reading your comment was to get offended. But then I remembered something... you are just a guy who is sitting in front of a computer trying to get people fired up because most likely your actual life events are quite dull and boring and you look for some form of entertainment on SDN.

So, instead of planning some sort of verbal attack on you... I am just gonna sit back and relax knowing that my comments wont make your life any worse than it probably already is.

Well... that was fun. :D

[QUOTE='11]when r u going to take the damn test then?[/QUOTE]

I am taking my exam soon.... I am a little superstitious and dont want to share the exact date with you. (I have issues, I know)

Fariba said:
WVUdental, so far every thread that I have seen you in, you seem to try and pick a fight with someone. I'm not sure why you do that, but I must say that it is quite amusing.

My first instinct after reading your comment was to get offended. But then I remembered something... you are just a guy who is sitting in front of a computer trying to get people fired up because most likely your actual life events are quite dull and boring and you look for some form of entertainment on SDN.

So, instead of planning some sort of verbal attack on you... I am just gonna sit back and relax knowing that my comments wont make your life any worse than it probably already is.

Well... that was fun. :D

no...no confusion. It's pretty evident you're a girl. it's just that some idiots can't read between the lines and see that you're a chic. that and...you talk like a chic...

so when tha hell ARE you taking your test? lol

jkh1886 said:
...It's pretty evident you're a girl...you talk like a chic...

I think so too... but maybe some people are just socially challenged and don't know what a woman sounds like. lol. just messing around... ;)

jkh1886 said:
so when tha hell ARE you taking your test? lol

I am taking the exam soon... real soon. lol
Why is it so important, anyway??