still "under review" at maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephie3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...i interviewed back in maryland in like october. i called the school on dec. 1 and they said my application was still "under review". since they didn't tell me i was waitlisted, does this pretty much mean a rejection from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's a rejection yet. They can still accept you later on. However, if you didn't receive acceptance two weeks after the interview that means that they are still considering you as a possible future student, but they are not ready to make that decision yet. I was in the same situation last year. My interview was in November and I was under review for five month and then they placed me on the wait list. Unfortunately, I didn't get off the wait list at that time. Be patient and may be you will get in. Their stats for accepted students last year were 20/20/20 for DAT and GPA 3.5 SGPA 3.4, so if your stats are in the same range than you still have a good shot.

hey guys...i interviewed back in maryland in like october. i called the school on dec. 1 and they said my application was still "under review".

...im in exactly the same situation. uMD was my first choice, but i think im just going to send in my deposit for VCU later this week so i can just be done with the admissions process once and for all.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol They didn't even sniff me. I sent them everything and it doesn't even say Received/under review on AADSAS. I wish I saved my application fees... :(

Has anyone heard any updates from them? Have they resumed sending out interview letters? The last I heard was early dec and I was still under review... does anyone know when the next interview dates are available if they are sending any out?

...im in exactly the same situation. uMD was my first choice, but i think im just going to send in my deposit for VCU later this week so i can just be done with the admissions process once and for all.

Hey, want to trade places? I'm in at UMD but still waiting to hear from VCU. I'm making a deposit at UMD, but if I hear back from VCU sometime I'll probably go there. Don't give up on UMD yet, just because you didn't get accepted in the first round doesn't mean you won't eventually.