SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

STILL WAITING!! MSUCOM waitlist progress

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by veronica, Jun 11, 2001.

1. veronica

veronica Junior Member 7+ Year Member

May 14, 2001
    Anyone waitlisted at MSU, please keep us informed on the progress here. Also if you are waitlisted but do not plan to attend- tell us your number!!!! Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. molecular-bio guy

molecular-bio guy Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Fort Gratiot, MI
    Hi veronica, I'm waitlisted at MSU-COM also!
    I'm #18 (out of 25. what # are you? I have posted other info about MSU-COM on the osteo link.

They have taken everyone off the waitlist for the past couple years, so our situation may be better than most other people on waitlists. The waitlist itself if only 25 people deep, as opposed to Wayne State, which has 250-300 waitlisted.

Good luck, and I hope to see you there!!!

4. jimmybee

jimmybee Med/Peds Resident 10+ Year Member

Jul 5, 2000
    I posted this elsewhere, but I just recently withdrew an acceptance at MSUCOM. I sent out a letter on last Monday. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

5. veronica

May 14, 2001
    Someone told me they were number 50 on last year's waitlist- maybe they were talking about CHM. Where did you get your info about the waitlist?! I hadn't heard anything like that before; I really hope you are right! I am lucky number 13. :rolleyes:

6. molecular-bio guy

Jun 8, 2001
    Fort Gratiot, MI
    I called the admissions dept. and just asked them how many there are on the list. She said there are 25 on this years list. I will call back tomorrow (weds) to make sure and to see if there has been any movement.

Extra special thanx to jimmy bee!!!
    thanx for posting and letting us know!
    NOW EVERYONE that has a seat and is going to let it go........ DO IT !!!!!

Anyway veronica, having 25 this year, compared to 50 possibly last year sound really good, but until I get that famous call, I'm still going to wonder if I'm getting in! Let me know if you hear anything
    Later

7. mcprotein

mcprotein Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Grand Rapids
    I wish all of you lot of luck. I truly hope to see you all in the fall.

"Just like baggy slacks I'm crazy hip-hop check one two and you dont stop."
    Gangstarr

8. veronica

May 14, 2001
    Hey Mol-bio guy! I went to MSU on Friday and spoke with some people there. Everything you said was correct. Still no movement on the waitlist :( There are only 25 people on the list (last year there were 60). Keep the faith!!!!

MCPROTEIN- I'm from G.R. too. Where do you live?

9. molecular-bio guy

Jun 8, 2001
    Fort Gratiot, MI
    I called last week and the secretary told me that in the 17 years that she has worked there, only once did they not pull from the waitlist. She told me that they haven't started pulling because not enough people have withdrawn their seat, she even said that some schools were still interviewing!

I know some people that are waitlisted at both MSU-COM and WSU, myself included and at least one person who has been accepted to MSU and will drop his seat if/when he gets accepted into WSU!

:mad:

It seems like a great big waiting game, not a fun game though :(

Hope to hear some good things soon.
    later
    :rolleyes: