Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

still waiting on AACOMAS......am I the only one who applied this late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by TimmyTheWonderD, Dec 2, 2005.

1. TimmyTheWonderD

TimmyTheWonderD Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Wow! I am really beginning to feel like I wasted my time applying this late....am I the only fish swimming in this pool? Just curious! I hope that my app makes up for its arrival time :(

....congrats to all those who are getting great news! Sounds like you guys are kicking some adcom butt out there! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Iceageheatwave

Iceageheatwave RiniMonster
    7+ Year Member

nah, i applied yesterday

4. TimmyTheWonderD

5+ Year Member

Medical Student

you filed your AACOMAS yesterday?
    which schools, if you don't mind me asking :D

5. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    There are several current students at my school that did not apply until the spring.

6. Iceageheatwave

Iceageheatwave RiniMonster
    7+ Year Member

all but kcumb, osu, pcsom and western. Im not including north texas since i missed that deadline a while ago.

7. FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am sure you're not the only late applicant. However, it would be wise to look up secondary questions to those schools you applied to and start working on them asap so you can get those secondary applications out within a couple of days at the latest. Good luck.

8. TimmyTheWonderD

5+ Year Member

Medical Student

good suggestion, thanks! ;)

9. Duchess

Duchess The Fifth Element
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

*smiles* I applied several weeks ago, and they say that it's still "pending. Keep in mind that it takes 4-6 weeks for them to process once they've gotten all of your info in (MCAT, transcripts, etc.), according to the website. Don't worry, many of the August MCATers are applying late since they waited until they got their scores to apply. Best of luck!

10. laboholic

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You can send your reference letters now if you want. I applied to 3 schools - DMU, KCOM, and CCOM and sent all of my letters before my AACOMAS was sent. This way you have some cushion if there is a problem sending them. Just make sure you call them the day that they receive your secondary and tell them that your letters were sent early...they put them in a "hold" pile and i dont think they check it. I had my secondary in at one of the schools and they kept saying that my letters werent there yet... they found them in the hold pile a week and a half later.

11. Britt

Britt Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I applied late too- I'm working on my secondaries now. It took almost 4 weeks for AACOM to process my app. Good luck!

12. jsmittyund03

jsmittyund03 Bob Schneider fan
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yea, you're good to go. I think this forum is filled with the overacheiver type. It scared the s**t out of me last year when I saw how many people had gotten interviews before I had even gotten my secondary (of course I only got waitlisted last year, but I didn't have my secondaries in until Feb or March). Don't sweat it. If you need some of the essay questions for your secondaries, just PM me. I applied to:

VCOM
    PCOM-both of em
    LECOM-FL(I actually think this is on their website)
    TUCOM- on their website
    CCOM
    AZCOM
    OSUCOM - also on their website

J-Smitty

13. DRIAM7

DRIAM7 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Where did you get waitlisted?

14. DRIAM7

DRIAM7 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    AACOMAS is notorious for losing stuff, and denying it, ESPECIALLY if you send it in before your application! That's not to say don't do it in that order, they just will say that it was not received, and won't go too far to look for it unless you stay on them. That happened to me and a few friends, and we had to have transcripts sent again that we KNOW were sent out before we submitted our application.

15. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I studied abroad a couple summers ago, only I didn't go through a US institution. I just went. I got an email from them that they don't need the foreign transcript, but the transcript from the school that sponsered my trip. HELLO!!!! I DIDN'T GO THROUGH A SCHOOL! So they won't review my application because of 5 stupid credits. And I submitted it a while ago, submitted the transcript waiver request, and they're just telling me this now? As if I don't have enough to deal with.

16. ShyRem

ShyRem I need more coffee.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Wow. Aacomas didn't lose ANY of my stuff. And they were really quick to verify. Guess I had good luck.

17. TimmyTheWonderD

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    AHHHH!

Complete and mailed out 12/7, whooo! That is a relief. I live practically on top of CCOM, so their secondary via snail mail should not take very long to reach me. I would LOVE to interview there. I work with some alums of CCOM, the 4th years do trauma rotations where I work and two people I went to undergrad with are M3's there...they are all wonderful people and they all like it a lot.

Here's to hoping!!!! :luck: