Still Waiting To Get In!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2quik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on a waitlist and still waiting to get in? For those who are already in a school, this thread is not for you=P. I know that there's a couple of these threads, but i dont want to search for them.

Members don't see this ad.

yup, waiting sure does suck!

count me in. where are you all waitlisted at?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm still waiting ... waitlisted at UF, Maryland, and NYU. i still have high hopes....i just know that i'm getting in this cycle! keep your heads up guys... jb!:)

waiting for creighton:confused: :luck:

I'm waiting too!! It hurts =/

Where is everyone waiting on?

me: Marquette(alternate) and BU(no word whatsoever...which feels like a potentially bad thing)

eep.

waitlisted to meharry..but not really wanting them anyways...so ready to apply again :D.

I hope you get into UF jb! :)

Waiting for UW... Yea, I gotta say, this is one of the toughest things I had to wait for, besides my puberty which I'm still waiting on....:p

yup! still waiting on Case =)

Count me in too! I am waitlisted at Uf, NOVA, and Temple....but just like JB, I have the hope!!!! :D :luck: :luck:

MCG and Louisville. I want MCG sooooo bad!

:smuggrin:

Anyone else on a waitlist and still waiting to get in? For those who are already in a school, this thread is not for you=P. I know that there's a couple of these threads, but i dont want to search for them.

I'm on both NYU and Columbia's torture list (seriously, that's what the schools should call it, lol. How's the waitlist treating you guys? Hang in there, one more month of torture and hopefully this agony should be history. Keep the faith Its all about May baby!!!!! THE WAITLISTEES'S MONTH!!!!!

Do you guys really think May will be such a good month for us?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone at NYU on the waitlist this cycle with a 3.31 GPA and 19AA DAT. He's hoping a spot will open up soon since he interviewed so early in the process. He said that admissions had many 20AA DAT scores this cycle, so the spots for the 18-19AA DATs are fewer now.

Do you guys really think May will be such a good month for us?

Yeah, can someone explain to me how this works? I know that the schools will know which schools you're holding deposits at...but, they can't exactly FORCE you to choose and revoke their acceptance, can they? seems a little old.

Yeah, can someone explain to me how this works? I know that the schools will know which schools you're holding deposits at...but, they can't exactly FORCE you to choose and revoke their acceptance, can they? seems a little old.

Well if you are holding spots at 2 different schools, you can't attend both at the same time so they make you chose one. I guess they force you to make a choice so you don't wait untill the start of school and then decide you don't want to attend a certain school and they are left with filling a spot at the last minute.

Also I'm waitlisted at BU and still hopeful!!

f) Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions.

Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1st, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class.

This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process.

-AADSAS Instructions Section

Wow, I didn't know May had any potential good news at all for waitlistees. That's good news, I think. Trying to keep my hopes at rock bottom, though. Reapplication here we come ...

you got waitlisted?????????? I thought you said you had a really high DAT score ?? like a 28 on QR? or was it RC?

waiting for guffman... i mean LLU.

Also I'm waitlisted at BU and still hopeful!!

When did you hear back?? They still havent sent me anything. =/

I'm going to take that as a 'no', and cry a little bit :(

you got waitlisted?????????? I thought you said you had a really high DAT score ?? like a 28 on QR? or was it RC?
28 on QR, yes. I think my main problem was that i applied in late August, not realizing the sheer number of people out there who were also applying. I only applied to 5 schools and getting waitlisted by one of them was the best I could do this year.

When did you hear back?? They still havent sent me anything. =/

I'm going to take that as a 'no', and cry a little bit :(

I heard back about a month after my interview. How long ago did you interview? Have you tried calling them and asking your status?

4 interviews, 4 waitlists! As my budy tells me, "When it comes to being number 2, you're number 1".

you americans sure are lucky. Most Canadian schools wait until June-July to send out acceptance letters.

I'm looking for some hope... anyone actually get of a waitlist in the past little while. I don't want to wait till mid may to perhaps maybe potentially be lucky enough to get of a waitlist!

I'm looking for some hope... anyone actually get of a waitlist in the past little while. I don't want to wait till mid may to perhaps maybe potentially be lucky enough to get of a waitlist!
I know how you feel. May is better than 2 days before class starts though.

count me in. where are you all waitlisted at?

Watilisted at NYU, Stonybrook, and UMDNJ. Applied in November, interviewed in March, February, and January, respectively. Not thrilled. Although I do have hope, my situation is such that I must assume I will not be admitted. Just registered for Biochem. this summer and plan to reapply in May, and I plan to apply to more than six schools. Good luck to you all, I feel your pain.

I heard back about a month after my interview. How long ago did you interview? Have you tried calling them and asking your status?

I interviewed about a month ago....i should be hearing from them soon, I guess

I called today and they just told me to check AADSAS and my mail.

did you hear by snail mail or aadsas first?

At this stage in the cycle, I've heard it's common for the school to simply call you directly. Of course, this varies between schools, so your mileage may vary.

I interviewed about a month ago....i should be hearing from them soon, I guess

I called today and they just told me to check AADSAS and my mail.

did you hear by snail mail or aadsas first?

First mail and then a week later aadsas was updated.

I only apply to five too. Which ones did you apply to?? I applied in June but took the DAT in August. August is late?? I thought it was on time....

28 on QR, yes. I think my main problem was that i applied in late August, not realizing the sheer number of people out there who were also applying. I only applied to 5 schools and getting waitlisted by one of them was the best I could do this year.

Hey guys, for those of you who got an answer 1 way or another, did you hear that by mail or AADSAS? Is AADSAS being updated? cuz 've been accepted to 1 school about a month ago and it still says waitlisted