MD Still waiting...What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MakeMeAnMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks in advance for your input.

I submitted my primary app in late August (was waiting for MCAT), quickly received a secondary from each school I applied to, and turned all of those around within a week. Since then I haven't heard anything good or bad from a single school. I applied to the following schools:
Brown, BU, Cooper, Drexel, Jefferson, Quinnipiac, Temple, Tufts, UConn, UMaryland, UMass, UVM

Here's my info:
  • cGPA: 3.97
  • MCAT: 517 (127, 131, 129, 130)
  • Residency: MA
  • Ethnicity: White
  • Undergrad Institution: Mid-High Tier
  • Clinical Experience:
    • 2 years of working summers and school breaks as EMT in a busy city
    • Chief of EMS on campus EMS squad (Volunteer)
  • Research Experience:
    • 9 months as undergraduate research assistant in cancer cell bio lab (Junior)
    • In process of senior capstone project in cardio lab at a major hospital. Should yield a publication, but not until the spring
    • 3 month social science project in a developing country
  • Shadowing Experience:
    • 136 hours of shadowing overnights in urban ER
  • Non-clinical Volunteering:
    • A handful of hours here and there at different organizations
    • Habitat for Humanity type work in a developing country during project work abroad

Shoot it to me straight - what are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think chances best in green. Brown favors their own, but you might be OK for them.

Hey guys! Thanks in advance for your input.

I submitted my primary app in late August (was waiting for MCAT), quickly received a secondary from each school I applied to, and turned all of those around within a week. Since then I haven't heard anything good or bad from a single school. I applied to the following schools:
Brown, BU, Cooper, Drexel, Jefferson, Quinnipiac, Temple, Tufts, UConn, UMaryland, UMass, UVM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you could receive an interview from up to 8 of those schools that you applied. Tufts and BU do give instate preference for interviews (probably up to 25% of those who complete secondaries).

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone for the insight! At what point should I start to worry if I still haven't gotten any interview invites?