Still waitlisted - anything else I can do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx350

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was waitlisted at my top choice for medical school back in February and proceeded to send them a letter of intent. I've had no contact with them since then as they said in the interview that they only accept letters of intent, no updates. At this point, considering the CTE deadline is mid-July, I was considering emailing the admissions office this week that essentially the school is still my #1 choice as mentioned in the intent letter, blah, blah, and I'd love the opportunity to attend. Does this seem overly desperate and could it cause more harm than good? I just feel like it's been so long with no contact that it may help to speak up a bit. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was waitlisted at my top choice for medical school back in February and proceeded to send them a letter of intent. I've had no contact with them since then as they said in the interview that they only accept letters of intent, no updates. At this point, considering the CTE deadline is mid-July, I was considering emailing the admissions office this week that essentially the school is still my #1 choice as mentioned in the intent letter, blah, blah, and I'd love the opportunity to attend. Does this seem overly desperate and could it cause more harm than good? I just feel like it's been so long with no contact that it may help to speak up a bit. Thanks for the advice.
This sounds a lot like an update...

If they already have your letter of intent, and they don't accept updates, then I can't see any reason to email them.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

You shouldbe working on your Plan B.

As of right now, you're rejected.