Still want to go Nuc. Med.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quantum Mecha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to read through the entire forum (especially that recent post with over 50 replies), but does anyone know what the job prospects are for someone wanting to go into research?

I am currently an undergrad studying electrical engineering, taking various nuclear engineering and upper level physics courses, and would love to go into nuclear medicine for research purposes.

Yes I know I have a long way to go, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had a chance to read through the entire forum (especially that recent post with over 50 replies), but does anyone know what the job prospects are for someone wanting to go into research?

I am currently an undergrad studying electrical engineering, taking various nuclear engineering and upper level physics courses, and would love to go into nuclear medicine for research purposes.

Yes I know I have a long way to go, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I think that if you are not a NM physician looking for research, NUCS is a great specialty. Unfortunately for us, the NM physicians/residents, is not a good thing that NM will be probably merging with radiology; but for you, it will be a good field to get into. I think that the big companies are going to invest more money in the development of new tracers, new scanners, etc... just go for it! You have a long way to go, so the specialty!