• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmno82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
I thought this was kinda interesting (from AOL news). I guess those planning on attending UCLA might have to search for their own cadaver. The school obviously has some problems keeping them around.

LOS ANGELES (March 6) - Two employees of the University of California, Los Angeles, have been placed on leave while authorities investigate whether they stole and sold body parts from cadavers donated to UCLA's medical school, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

People familiar with the case told the newspaper that dozens of cadavers donated to the school were believed to have been sold.

Dr. J. Thomas Rosenthal, associate vice chancellor of the medical school, said school officials wouldn't say more until the UCLA police assure them their statements won't compromise the investigation.

The employees were not identified.

Rosenthal said former Gov. George Deukmejian had agreed to oversee a reform of the willed body program, which receives about 175 bodies each year for research and education.

In 1996, relatives of people whose bodies had been donated sued the medical school and the University of California Board of Regents, charging that thousands of cadavers had been illegally disposed of. The suit is still pending.

blueberry

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
I wonder why they havne't closed this threat yet since they closed down a similar thread already.

About the Ads

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by blueberry
I wonder why they havne't closed this threat yet since they closed down a similar thread already.

because I didn't notice this one.

There already is a thread on this in Everyone...plus threads like this don't belong in pre-allo.

Feel free to contribute to the Everyone version.

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.