stony brook interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TweetiePie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just got an invitation to interview @ stony brook.
i interviewed at the other 3 schools. got accepted @ upstate, waitlisted @ downstate, waiting on buffalo. those who have already interviewed there, would u describe their interview process please?
thanx.
inna

Members don't see this ad.

The interview was great!

My interview lasted 1 and 1/2 hours. Lots of ethical questions. It was laided back

Good Luck

AK

TweetiePie,

Do you know when they will be interviewing til?

Members don't see this ad :)
dunno, wes, they called me today and offered apr 9, 11, and 12.

I interviewed at Stony Brook this week. I loved my Stony Brook interview. It was by far the most conversational interview that I had and I really felt that the interviewer was trying to get to know me better (which I have always assumed that this was the point of an interview, especially since the amcas essay and your secondary essays are quite informative). My best advice is to know who you are, why medicine, WHY Stony Brook, know your research(if you have done any), etc.. They may ask some ethical questions (nothing tough..not like you have got 2 pints of blood left-who do you give it to the 75 yr old man or 5 year old child). Like I said before, they just seem to really want to get to know you better. They are not interested (at least in my case) as to why you got a c in a class (meaning that the interview is not interrogative at all). Good luck and don't stress out.
:D