1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

STONY BROOK or BINGHAMTON UNIV for pre-dent

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rheagabriela, Jul 22, 2011.

1. rheagabriela

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys! I'm currently a junior at Binghamton University majoring in biopsychology. My two options were first, go to graduate school and become a neuropsychologist and second was to proceed to dentistry.. After participating in psychology experiments, I just knew psychology wasn't for me.. Anyways, is there anyone who could advice me on this? I only have 3 semesters left in Bing but I'm thinking about transferring to SB since they're more research oriented and they have a dental school where I could probably get more shadowing and research opportunities. Bing is 4 hrs drive from home which is a plus for me because that way I could concentrate more on studying rather than hanging out with my friends in L.I.. :) Btw, I'm a transfer student from Nassau Community College and it's only going to be my 2nd semester in Bing. Bing is ranked higher yet SB is more research oriented..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spoog74

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

if your grades are high enough for stony then go for stony cause ive heard great things. Stony accepts somethin like 21+ on the DAT with 3.6 Gpa +

4. rheagabriela

Pre-Dental
    Oh I'm only an undergraduate. I'm thinking between Stony and Bing for undergraduate.. but Stony is definitely one of my choices for dental school..