STONY BROOK or BINGHAMTON UNIV for pre-dent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rheagabriela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm currently a junior at Binghamton University majoring in biopsychology. My two options were first, go to graduate school and become a neuropsychologist and second was to proceed to dentistry.. After participating in psychology experiments, I just knew psychology wasn't for me.. Anyways, is there anyone who could advice me on this? I only have 3 semesters left in Bing but I'm thinking about transferring to SB since they're more research oriented and they have a dental school where I could probably get more shadowing and research opportunities. Bing is 4 hrs drive from home which is a plus for me because that way I could concentrate more on studying rather than hanging out with my friends in L.I.. :) Btw, I'm a transfer student from Nassau Community College and it's only going to be my 2nd semester in Bing. Bing is ranked higher yet SB is more research oriented..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I'm currently a junior at Binghamton University majoring in biopsychology. My two options were first, go to graduate school and become a neuropsychologist and second was to proceed to dentistry.. After participating in psychology experiments, I just knew psychology wasn't for me.. Anyways, is there anyone who could advice me on this? I only have 3 semesters left in Bing but I'm thinking about transferring to SB since they're more research oriented and they have a dental school where I could probably get more shadowing and research opportunities. Bing is 4 hrs drive from home which is a plus for me because that way I could concentrate more on studying rather than hanging out with my friends in L.I.. :) Btw, I'm a transfer student from Nassau Community College and it's only going to be my 2nd semester in Bing. Bing is ranked higher yet SB is more research oriented..

if your grades are high enough for stony then go for stony cause ive heard great things. Stony accepts somethin like 21+ on the DAT with 3.6 Gpa +

Oh I'm only an undergraduate. I'm thinking between Stony and Bing for undergraduate.. but Stony is definitely one of my choices for dental school..