Stony Brook, Penn St.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYyanx28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Stony Brook on Dec. 8 and Penn St. on Dec. 1

Has anyone recently been accepted to either of these schools, and if so, when did you interview?

Just tryin to get an idea of where they are time-wise in reviewing applicants...

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Stony Brook on Dec. 8 and Penn St. on Dec. 1

Has anyone recently been accepted to either of these schools, and if so, when did you interview?

Just tryin to get an idea of where they are time-wise in reviewing applicants...

MD/PhD: Int: dec 11, acc: dec 19.

I know it's MD/PhD, but hope that helps.

Yea, I saw someone else who did joint MD/PhD and who also got in within a week. Must have something to do with that. Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I interviewed at Stony Brook on December 8th too : ). Im the guy with the red hair. So far I havent heard back but they said on interview day that we should wait 4-6 weeks.

Hey..
Interviewed 12/12 and accepted 12/19 to Penn St. MD Program...
Hope that helps..

Hey,

Hehe, I also interviewed at Stony Brook on 12/8. Yeah I think they said that they were aiming for six weeks but that it could take longer because they have so many applications. I'm hoping for mid to late January.

I interviewed on 12/7 haven't heard anything back yet. They told me as well 4-6 weeks because they have soo many applications now.
Good luck

I interviewed at Stony Brook December 12th and haven't heard a peep since. I am too hoping for good news around the middle of January!

Hey..
Hope that helps..

Are you serious? I have heard on several occasions that Penn St. sends through snail mail... that would mean they sent out your acceptance literally a day or two after you interviewed...

What are your stats? IS/OOS? I wonder why they accepted you so quickly

P.S. Pardon my inquisite nature, just partially jealous is all.

Hey..
Hope that helps..

Oh, and one more thing...

Quoting my interview invite e-mail, "The Penn State College of Medicine’s Medical Student Selection Committee has reviewed your application and invites you to the College of Medicine to interview with faculty. Interviews are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from approximately 8:30am-2:00pm or 10:30am-4:15pm. "

You're 12/12 interview was on a Tuesday. Yet they interview only on M/W/F.

I appreciate if you were trying to help and maybe mistyped something, but please do explain.

Quoting my interview invite e-mail, "The Penn State College of Medicine's Medical Student Selection Committee has reviewed your application and invites you to the College of Medicine to interview with faculty. Interviews are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from approximately 8:30am-2:00pm or 10:30am-4:15pm. "

I appreciate if you were trying to help and maybe mistyped something, but please do explain.

Here's another thread where he posted about interviewing on 12/12. Penn State might have done a couple Tuesday interviews as the holidays neared.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=352409

Quoting my interview invite e-mail, "The Penn State College of Medicine's Medical Student Selection Committee has reviewed your application and invites you to the College of Medicine to interview with faculty. Interviews are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from approximately 8:30am-2:00pm or 10:30am-4:15pm. "

my interview was on a tuesday too... we are just special i guess :smuggrin:

edit: and my interview was in october, don't know the results, haven't checked my mailbox

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a wait list e-mail from Stony Brook this morning (12/8 interview). It looks like they're less backed up than they thought they would be. I'm also kind of surprised that anyone is actually around to send e-mails out. FYI...one of the Deans told us that acceptances come DHL overnight, and rejections come in snail mail.

My friend and I both got into Stony Brook, He interviewed after me and he got his response before me so the order of interview does not necessary equate to the order of recieving notification. We interviewed around Columbus day and it took them about a month to get back to me by snail mail at my home address instead of my college address, which I requested as my primary address.

I received a wait list e-mail from Stony Brook this morning (12/8 interview). It looks like they're less backed up than they thought they would be. I'm also kind of surprised that anyone is actually around to send e-mails out. FYI...one of the Deans told us that acceptances come DHL overnight, and rejections come in snail mail.

12/8 interview here also and wait-list e-mail this morning also... darn

Sorry about the waitlist guys. I'm on it too. Was just wondering if you heard for sure that applicants do get rejected post-interview? I'm kinda curious about this, as SDNers have either been waitlisted or accepted thus far.

Sorry about the waitlist guys. I'm on it too. Was just wondering if you heard for sure that applicants do get rejected post-interview? I'm kinda curious about this, as SDNers have either been waitlisted or accepted thus far.

The asst. dean said they do, insofar as telling us that accept=DHL, waitlist=email, and reject=snail mail (IIRC).

Thanks A Tree. They didn't mention this on my interview day. I actually saw a DHL truck outside yesterday, and was hoping that they changed their mind about the waitlist. Alas, it was a package for my neighbors across the street. :) Here's to hoping for good news later in the season, for all of us.

The asst. dean said they do, insofar as telling us that accept=DHL, waitlist=email, and reject=snail mail (IIRC).

I was interviewd on 12/5 and haven't heard it back...
this thread is making me so nervous.
Does that mean it's rejection?:scared:
I had 4 interviews so far and 3 of them were waitlisted.....
Stony brook left............where's the hope in this cycle?

It may just mean that your interviewer did not get a chance to present your file yet. Or that they are taking longer to decide on your file (which could be a good thing). :thumbup:

You still have a few more weeks to wait. It took me 7 weeks and it has taken others 10+ weeks. Don't stop believing! :luck:

Waitlisted at Stony 6-7 weeks after my interview. *sob