Stony Brook University 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT34911

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get accepted yet or have an interview coming up??

Members don't see this ad.

I think the application deadline is in February so it might be awhile. I am trying to finish up my supplemental essays but it's so hard!

I think the application deadline is in February so it might be awhile. I am trying to finish up my supplemental essays but it's so hard!
I'm having trouble with my supplemental essays too.. I've been trying to do them for two weeks but I'm stuck. How the mission statement relates to your personal experience.. why is a question that should be simple so hard!! But it looked as if they don't have rolling admissions so I feel like they won't start contacting people for interviews until mid February at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying I have an interview January 22nd- anyone else hear back from them? I'm pretty nervous.. gialuan, did your friend say how their interview went?

Anyone get accepted yet or have an interview coming up??

I had an interview Dec. 18th and got a call 2 days later that I was accepted! So excited, it's the first school I've heard back from and didn't expect to hear so quickly!

Had my interview on Dec 18 and got a call 2 days later saying I was accepted too!

Congrats!!! Thats awesome that you heard back so quickly. What kind of questions did they ask you in your interview?

I had an interview Dec. 18th and got a call 2 days later that I was accepted! So excited, it's the first school I've heard back from and didn't expect to hear so quickly!

If you dont mind me asking what was your GPA and how many hours did you have prior to applying? Congrats by the way that is great news!!

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me... I just drove 9 hours and got a hotel room for 2 nights only to receive an email the day before saying my interview is postponed until next week. I figure there has to be others that traveled a long way for today's interviews... what are you going to do? I don't think I can afford to come back two weeks in a row but SBU is my #1 choice :'(

Any other students send in their deposit and accept their seat?