Stony Brook vs. Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKTDart

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to decide between these two schools. One thing I should note is that I do not qualify for NY State Residency so cost won't be the factor in this decision.

Does anyone here know anything about the clinical years for the two schools and would like to talk to me about it?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

TKTDart-

Hi. Stony Brook first year here.

I can (sort of) comment on the SB set up; I guess someone in those years would be better, and perhaps if you had a specific question I could get more precise. But anyways, you have your basics that you MUST do: medicine, surgery, peds, psych, etc. and there is chance for elective time during your third year, but I think you have to do medicine and surgery first. The medicine and surgery here is 8 weeks each, not 12 like some schools - not sure if that's a good or a bad thing for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know if there's a specific question you're looking for and I'll ask around.

And as for cost, you will be bumped down to instate after your first year here, so the total four year cost may be a factor to consider.

Good school here, in my biased opinion.

Best of luck with whichever you choose.

dc