Stony Brook Waitlist anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYyanx28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was placed on the waitlist on December 27th and have since sent in a letter of interest/update. Has anyone else been waitlisted, and anyone actually accepted off of the waitlist yet? If so, when were you waitlisted/accepted and any stats would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you my friend (waitlisted on the same day, sent in my interest/update letter) and have not heard anything either. My guess is that we won't hear for a while, but you never know.

Hang in there, guys. I'm a current second year at SB.

I'd hazard a guess that as many as 30% of my current class got in off the waitlist. It really moves, and that call can come at any point. I think the deadline to give up multiples is March 15th, so that day - and any point after - there will be seats being released, and then the waitlist starts to churn. Remember that when folks apply to the city schools, they carpetbomb all the schools south of Westchester. Because folks that NEED to be in the city will pick an NYC school over us, the waitlist moves (their loss = your gain!)

Good luck, and hang in there!

dc

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the waitlist email today :oops: Interviewed on 1/16

I then called admissions, and was told that the waitlist is ranked, but that they could not tell me my place on it. I thought admissions told us that they would tell us if we were middle, top or bottom of the wait list? Am I remembering wrong? Does anyone else remember this?

I then called admissions, and was told that the waitlist is ranked, but that they could not tell me my place on it. I thought admissions told us that they would tell us if we were middle, top or bottom of the wait list? Am I remembering wrong? Does anyone else remember this?

I think they meant after May 15th they could tell us, after they finalize the waitlist.

Wow, that's surprising. I interviewed 2 days after you and was told they "usually" got back to applicants within 6 weeks. The quick turnaround is a bit surprising to me, but I guess it gives me reason to hope for a decision before March.

Wow, that's surprising. I interviewed 2 days after you and was told they "usually" got back to applicants within 6 weeks. The quick turnaround is a bit surprising to me, but I guess it gives me reason to hope for a decision before March.

it shocked the hell out of me...I interviewed, and then got the email a week and a day later....