Stop content review and just take practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaussr

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 25 days until my test and notice that no matter what i reviewed, i forget it in a week anyways. I remember things best when i see them in a practice test. So i have about 20 practice tests left i can do (all the AMC's 8 princetons and 7 berkeleys) should i just start doing practice tests and forget content review, maybe just go through the exam crackers a couple days before test?

Members don't see this ad.

an emphatic YES!!! 25 days isnt long and you need to start allowing your eyes to see the content you filed away presented in a question format. Secondly, dont be discouraged bc you have this feeling of "i know it but i dont know it" You will be surprised how much your intuition will take over bc you've trained it to. Content will resurface when prompted by a question....GL

i agree. do the practice tests and you can brush up on weak points along the way.

the turning pt in my mcat prep was reading something on the 30+ thread....

and it went like this.

"so why are you still doing content review?"

simple question--WHY are you still doing content review? it's hard to do, but you need to pull yourself away from it and start practicing hardcore. just do it, trust that its the best thing to do and dont look back to content review (except in very small amounts)

the turning pt in my mcat prep was reading something on the 30+ thread....

and it went like this.

"so why are you still doing content review?"

simple question--WHY are you still doing content review? it's hard to do, but you need to pull yourself away from it and start practicing hardcore. just do it, trust that its the best thing to do and dont look back to content review (except in very small amounts)

I agree. The mcat is not really a content based test. I mean yes there are information that you need to know on some questions mostly the discrete ones, but you need to practice doing passages because most of the questions on the MCAT are passage based. You need to work on passage and review them to see what your weak areas are.